Meth Bowins Sighting

Fryowa

Administrator
Good frickin lord.

Wanted to relax and watch the only football game on TV so I turned on an FCS playoff game, and who do I hear? None other than the female version of Willie Nelson’s nose only worse ‘cause she can’t sing.

Does nobody fucking tell her that her voice sounds like one of those oscillating tools that you cut baseboard trim with, only louder and with less knowledge?

Can she learn sign language and switch to that maybe?

FFS.

Good frickin lord.

Wanted to relax and watch the only football game on TV so I turned on an FCS playoff game, and who do I hear? None other than the female version of Willie Nelson’s nose only worse ‘cause she can’t sing.

Does nobody fucking tell her that her voice sounds like one of those oscillating tools that you cut baseboard trim with, only louder and with less knowledge?

FFS.
Butt, butt, butt.....she was a jock.

Doesn't that count for something?

Attachments

• beth_mowins_Lafayette_basketball_1987.jpeg
    beth_mowins_Lafayette_basketball_1987.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 22
I believe there should be more women in the booths, front offices, and coaching rooms. Diversity is a good thing in the workplace. I believe in those things strongly. But, I also believe that Beth Mowins should not be one of those people because she is awful. Just awful.

I believe there should be more women in the booths, front offices, and coaching rooms. Diversity is a good thing in the workplace. I believe in those things strongly. But, I also believe that Beth Mowins should not be one of those people because she is awful. Just awful.

What is so bad about her? She has a fairly deep voice for a woman and I think she does a great job calling a game.

What is so bad about her? She has a fairly deep voice for a woman and I think she does a great job calling a game.
Its been a long time since I have heard her call a game, but I never thought she called a good game. She screwed up names, said things that don't make a lot of sense, and yes, the tenor of her voice is not pleasing to my ears. I also hate Ian Eagle and Tony Suragoosa and either of the Golic boys. To each their own.

The voice is just terrible. Unfortunately, I have yet to see/hear a women calling a men's game adequate or above. They do make excellent sideline reporters though.

Good frickin lord.

FFS.

Wow, lot's of bashing against someone hired to do a job. She is adequate and I am sure does not cost as much money, for some unknown reason haha, for doing a game with I am sure a pretty small audience and advertisers' fees. Why dont you go out and buy some frequency altering machine or computer app to adjust the pitch of her voice. Or just put on the closed captioning and turn down the volume instead of listening and bitching.

Why dont you bitch about the proliferation of way too many games on TV. And we should all remember this post of yours when someone else bitches about another person's performance and FryIowa junps on that "someone else" for bitching.

Many of us on this board can many times see better what is happening during a game than what is missed and messed up by the color announcer but we also do not hear in our earpiece the chatter from the control room and someone spotting the game for us. So I take this into account.

I’ve got no problem with her; it’s the Brando-Tillman crew who suck at their jobs.

I was pretty neutral to positive about Brando in the past but he was adding wwayyyy toooo much of his own opinion calling the IA Nebby game I think it was.

The play by play guy should call the game and let the analyst of ref in the booth make the opionions.

Wow, lot's of bashing against someone hired to do a job. She is adequate and I am sure does not cost as much money, for some unknown reason haha, for doing a game with I am sure a pretty small audience and advertisers' fees. Why dont you go out and buy some frequency altering machine or computer app to adjust the pitch of her voice. Or just put on the closed captioning and turn down the volume instead of listening and bitching.
I really don't care for her announcing, but if she's hired to do games I really hope they're paying her as well as the other non-tier 1 play-by-play guys.

Why dont you bitch about the proliferation of way too many games on TV. And we should all remember this post of yours when someone else bitches about another person's performance and FryIowa junps on that "someone else" for bitching.

Many of us on this board can many times see better what is happening during a game than what is missed and messed up by the color announcer but we also do not hear in our earpiece the chatter from the control room and someone spotting the game for us. So I take this into account.
Nothing to do with her being a woman or how much money she makes. Robin Roberts is also a woman and imo the best tennis commentator that's ever done the job. Lisa Byington is a great PBP announcer for football and basketball.

Her voice is absolutely nail-on-a-chalkboard, migraine-inducing audio hell.

She also doesn't know shit about football.

Like whoever you like and I'll like who I like. You sound like a guy who prefers to listen to Joe Buck call games over someone who's actually good at it.. I bet you eat boneless wings, too.

Why dont you bitch about the proliferation of way too many games on Tv.
Why would I complain about that? Sounds like your problem, not mine...

The more games on TV the better. Don't watch the ones you don't think should be on TV, maybe? I dunno...just trying to help.

Nothing to do with her being a woman or how much money she makes. Robin Roberts is also a woman and imo the best tennis commentator that's ever done the job. Lisa Byington is a great PBP announcer for football and basketball.

Her voice is absolutely nail-on-a-chalkboard, migraine-inducing audio hell.

She also doesn't know shit about football.

Like whoever you like and I'll like who I like. You sound like a guy who prefers to listen to Joe Buck call games over someone who's actually good at it.. I bet you eat boneless wings, too.
Robin Roberts....great lady by all accounts....I could not stand listening to her either if she called a men's game.

Latest posts