Meth Bowins Sighting

I’ve got no problem with her; it’s the Brando-Tillman crew who suck at their jobs.
For me it's Al Michaels. I don't get the bukakke fest over him. Voice and delivery like nails on a chalkboard. Brad Nessler is light-years better. Even Joe Buck is way more listenable.

For me it's Al Michaels. I don't get the bukakke fest over him. Voice and delivery like nails on a chalkboard. Brad Nessler is light-years better. Even Joe Buck is way more listenable.
I like Michaels.

I grew up right in the middle of the Michaels/Gifford/Dierdorf era and they're still my favorite crew of all time.

I'm sure some of it is sentimental, MNF was one of those things my dad and I did together and I was right in that 5-10 year old range back then.

Damn I miss my old man.

1639762283869.png

You're telling me none you wouldn't go nut deep.................c'mon....................especially you guys over 50! Bullshit!!

After Keith Jackson, the rest of the talking heads are boredom personified.

There are times I really really miss Keith Jackson's calls in college football. It was like a brand to college football back in the day. He would do the absolute elite game on ABC every week and knock it out.

Pure genuine when calling a game. Not mocked up manufactured shit like Gus Johnson.

There are times I really really miss Keith Jackson's calls in college football. It was like a brand to college football back in the day. He would do the absolute elite game on ABC every week and knock it out.

Pure genuine when calling a game. Not mocked up manufactured shit like Gus Johnson.
This thread has taken a fun turn.

I love Gus Johnson.

For close games and big plays there's no one else I'd want broadcasting it.

I love Gus Johnson.

I used to like him but it kind of has gotten old now and kind of comes off as contrite. Maybe contrite is not the correct word. Prob manufactured.

I love Gus Johnson.

I like him too, one of my favorites in today's game. Like his enthusiasm. That's just me.

With announcers, for every person who says they love someone, someone else hates that same person.

I love Gus Johnson.

Put Gus Johnson's call of Bethard to TSmith in the 2015 Champ game on a loop as I love it.

But Gus sucked when the hawks clobbered USC and all the "5 star air raid" players in the Holiday Bowl. Just call the effing game without making an opinionated comment after every play. Save your great calls for the really top plays of the game when it counts.

Way back when Gary Danielson did analysis on ESPN games I thought he was about the best color analyst. He carried that over the the CBS SEC games but then had to push and sell the top dogs over there.

Nothing to do with her being a woman or how much money she makes. Robin Roberts is also a woman and imo the best tennis commentator that's ever done the job. Lisa Byington is a great PBP announcer for football and basketball.

Her voice is absolutely nail-on-a-chalkboard, migraine-inducing audio hell.

She also doesn't know shit about football.

Like whoever you like and I'll like who I like. You sound like a guy who prefers to listen to Joe Buck call games over someone who's actually good at it.. I bet you eat boneless wings, too.

Well sure I will like who I like. But you, FryIowa, are one of the most 'absolutest' posters on this forum as far as saying something is absolutely that way. That was my subtle point. Most posters try to make their best guess or opinion without saying it is absolute.

I still laugh at posters on here and others I talked to who said no way CJB would make a pro team. That is the kind of absolutism that defies logic as in how can they even say that with very little real knowledge of the situation. Even some things we think are absolute turn out to be overturned or looked at in another way.

Put Gus Johnson's call of Bethard to TSmith in the 2015 Champ game on a loop as I love it.
Nope. I have deleted that game from my brain.

That game should be removed from the annals of history and never spoken of again. It was the one and only chance our team ever had and ever will have at winning the B1G in the post-Fry era (ties ain't wins) and we blew it. Now with Michigan and OSU both being elite and having an even bigger recruiting advantage we will never see it happen in our lifetimes.

Nope. I have deleted that game from my brain.

That game should be removed from the annals of history and never spoken of again. It was the one and only chance our team ever had and ever will have at winning the B1G in the post-Fry era (ties ain't wins) and we blew it. Now with Michigan and OSU both being elite and having an even bigger recruiting advantage we will never see it happen in our lifetimes.

Oh there you go with the "absolutism" again. We will never win the Big 10 football title. Well I might as well stop watching, I might as well unsubscribe from this board, I did stop buying tickets after nearly 50 years but that was for being old.

Well gee, let's see, replay this same season again or even just next year and say we have a much better pair of OFF Tackles and we have a big improvement in the QB passing game and better running. The hawks can win a title. But for Iowa to win like even Penn St or Mich St or Wisky all the pieces have to be there with some luck and good bounces.

Well sure I will like who I like. But you, FryIowa, are one of the most 'absolutest' posters on this forum as far as saying something is absolutely that way. That was my subtle point. Most posters try to make their best guess or opinion without saying it is absolute.

I still laugh at posters on here and others I talked to who said no way CJB would make a pro team. That is the kind of absolutism that defies logic as in how can they even say that with very little real knowledge of the situation. Even some things we think are absolute turn out to be overturned or looked at in another way.
Re: absolutism...

1) The term you're looking for is hyperbole. This is the internet, and hyperbole is what we do on sports boards. Hot takes are fun, and internet boards (especially sports boards) would suck ass without ridiculous hyperbole.

2) There's no "I" in my screen name. If you're doing it for funsies like @okeefe4prez uses "irregardless," well ok...but it's nowhere NEAR as fuckin' funny as watching people correct him on irregardless. He went to lawyer school, and barristers don't screw up grammar. They learn grammar on like the third day of lawyer school.

Oh there you go with the "absolutism" again. We will never win the Big 10 football title. Well I might as well stop watching, I might as well unsubscribe from this board, I did stop buying tickets after nearly 50 years but that was for being old.

Well gee, let's see, replay this same season again or even just next year and say we have a much better pair of OFF Tackles and we have a big improvement in the QB passing game and better running. The hawks can win a title. But for Iowa to win like even Penn St or Mich St or Wisky all the pieces have to be there with some luck and good bounces.
Quit your crying, Francis, and read my post right above this one.

Can someone other than me let this wet blanket know that if he can't discern what a hot take is he should turn off his dial-up modem?

Latest posts