Metcalf shooting for World Title (article)

This is maybe a silly question, but perhaps someone might know. Is Metcalf getting paid for his wrestling career now? I would hope so; but I've never looked into it. Didn't know if it was a love for country type of thing / non-profit thing.

im sure he will pick up a sponser soon but he does wrestling camps for good money all summer. he'll get paid as an olympic athlete

This is maybe a silly question, but perhaps someone might know. Is Metcalf getting paid for his wrestling career now? I would hope so; but I've never looked into it. Didn't know if it was a love for country type of thing / non-profit thing.

He gets money for winning the world trials, not sure about the amount, but all national members, which is the top 3 at the trials get money from USA Wrestling. The top guy gets more than the second guy which in turn gets more than the third guy. He also is sponsored by the New York Athletic Club so they give him some money as well. Then the Hawkeye Wrestling Club would also give him some money. And I'm sure Asics probably worked out a deal with him. Also if he places at world he'll get some cash for that, not to mention working camps. So I would venture he makes pretty good money.

Latest posts