Men's Hoops Non-Con Schedule

Better win that one vs. Wiscy on 11/30 cause it's gonna be tough on 12/3 to win in East Lansing, obviously. This program doesn't need to start off 0-2 in the B1G.

To clarify, my comparisons to the 2015-16 team were for this year's team. I'll reserve judgement about the 2019-2020 season after we see how things shake out this year, especially in regard to recruiting.
You expect this year's team to gain a top 10 ranking and an NCAA berth?

If Greg Gard has the Badgers back in form, that is one tough way to open a conference season. 2-5, even 1-6 is not out of the question.

The chance to make hay would be between 1/20 and 2/22. Then the finish looks tough, but finishing road-road would be tough for most conference teams.

If nothing else we will have a chance for resume building wins in the first third of the conference season.

We are going to have to steal a couple road wins where nobody saw them coming.

Still think if we win 22 games out RPI will be horrible?
The RPI could still possibly be horrible depending on how the rest of the B1G does, but I'd say the odds are that it wouldn't 'horrible' with 22 wins. I'm not very confident we get 22 wins though. ;)

You expect this year's team to gain a top 10 ranking and an NCAA berth?

Expect? No. Hope and believe is possible? Yes.

That 2015-16 season, as with most basketball seasons, was only a few points here and there from missing the tournament. OT win over Florida State, having 'Baerly' won against Drake. Heck, the entire last half of that season, it looked like they were actively trying to miss it. Lose those two first two though and we're a 19-12 team on the outside looking in. But winning those two enabled us to have that fantastic start. I think we find the grit and determination necessary to win those kinds of games this season and we have the talent to match up well in the rest.

I think there are issues scheduling that many games after christmas break before the conference tournament. I just don't think there are enough open dates. As a fan I like it because it gives us meaningful basketball to watch in december which is generally a pretty ho hum month.

I think there are issues scheduling that many games after christmas break before the conference tournament. I just don't think there are enough open dates. As a fan I like it because it gives us meaningful basketball to watch in december which is generally a pretty ho hum month.

Couldn't it still be the last 20 games of the season tho?

That I don't know, good question. Do all schools have finals the same week? That might be a big determining factor.