MEN'S BASKETBALL

Hawkman1961

Iowa gets there ass kicked good luck the rest of the year. Maybe you get NIT bid if your lucky. Might not win any of the next five games !!!!!!!!!!

Seriously not a knee-jerk reaction to this, or EIU losses...
Considering the lack of fire (not to mention, inability to make a fricking shot that has gone way beyond “slump”) can anyone find more than 4 more W’s?

I’ve got NwU home and away.
Maybe Michigan at home.
Nebby at home to end the year.

Considering the lack of fire (not to mention, inability to make a fricking shot that has gone way beyond “slump”) can anyone find more than 4 more W’s?

Maybe Michigan at home.

I've got NwU at Carver

This team plays soft. Nebraska is not a good team, yet Iowa made them look good. If Fran can't light a fire under them after the last two games, he has no business coaching next year.

This team plays soft. Nebraska is not a good team, yet Iowa made them look good. If Fran can't light a fire under them after the last two games, he has no business coaching next year.
Nebraska is a good team, this will be a Q1 loss. Fran isn’t coaching for his job and a down year will happen at Iowa. They just won a B1G tourney title for the first time in 16 years.
That said this team is awful. We didn’t just get beat, we got demolished. Iowa doesn’t bring in shooters next season. There’s no shooters on deck. This could get worse. Tony Perkins is not very good, we were all fooled

Last edited:
Gary Close (On Cory Brada Show) said if Iowa is like this 2 weeks from now, we got a real problem. He says injuries and lack of practice has hurt the team's consistency. The guard play is a huge problem. He will be curious to see if Iowa can regain the form they had earlier in the year.

Nebraska is a good team, this will be a Q1 loss. Fran isn’t coaching for his job and a down year will happen at Iowa. They just won a B1G tourney title for the first time in 16 years.
That said this team is awful. We didn’t just get beat, we got demolished. Iowa doesn’t bring in shooters next season. There’s no shooters on deck. This could get worse. Tony Perkins is not very good, we were all fooled

This season might get away from Fran. It could easily turn into a situation where we are strictly rooting for Kris to get his.

This is why I put ZERO stock into the non-con schedule as a gauge of how good Iowa basketball is.

Iowa has lost early departures to the NBA multiple years in a row and with not having NIL in place this off season, we’re just not a program that can sustain that. I assumed they could. Davis routinely had rebuild years, I just thought Fran’s teams were above it.

Iowa has lost early departures to the NBA multiple years in a row and with not having NIL in place this off season, we’re just not a program that can sustain that. I assumed they could. Davis routinely had rebuild years, I just thought Fran’s teams were above it.
This team put a lot of eggs in the Kris Murray and P McCaffery basket. Well come to find out Kris can't do it alone and PMac hasn't been anywhere close to dependable night to night.

Our guard positions are a total bust. TP looked promising but he's got obvious limitations to his game. Especially mentally once things start going sideways on him he's not the same guy. Ulis is almost a total miss of a player. He can be ok on D at times but on O he's almost a waste of a spot. Reminds me of Kevin Smith from back in the day. CM is the best guard we have and he's struggled lately. Bowen just isn't ready yet as a true freshman I'm not going to throw any shade on him. I think he has promise anyway but it just won't help us much this yr.

Sandfort has just been so bad... I mean I don't know if it's all in his head or what but there's no answer to him. He's gotta play 20 plus mins just because of the roster. If he's benched who gets those mins? I wish that there was a simple answer but the kid is gonna shoot every time he's got an open look and most of the time that's a bad thing.

If you told me before this season that Rebraca would be our best/most consistent player I'd have told you you're nuts but he kinda has. Without his play at both ends they wouldn't have had the wins we've had. It's only going to be an uphill road for him going into BIG play though. I admire the kid he's tough as nails

This team put a lot of eggs in the Kris Murray and P McCaffery basket. Well come to find out Kris can't do it alone and PMac hasn't been anywhere close to dependable night to night.

Our guard positions are a total bust. TP looked promising but he's got obvious limitations to his game. Especially mentally once things start going sideways on him he's not the same guy. Ulis is almost a total miss of a player. He can be ok on D at times but on O he's almost a waste of a spot. Reminds me of Kevin Smith from back in the day. CM is the best guard we have and he's struggled lately. Bowen just isn't ready yet as a true freshman I'm not going to throw any shade on him. I think he has promise anyway but it just won't help us much this yr.

Sandfort has just been so bad... I mean I don't know if it's all in his head or what but there's no answer to him. He's gotta play 20 plus mins just because of the roster. If he's benched who gets those mins? I wish that there was a simple answer but the kid is gonna shoot every time he's got an open look and most of the time that's a bad thing.

If you told me before this season that Rebraca would be our best/most consistent player I'd have told you you're nuts but he kinda has. Without his play at both ends they wouldn't have had the wins we've had. It's only going to be an uphill road for him going into BIG play though. I admire the kid he's tough as nails
I'm ready to bench brick/slumpfort for Kingsbury. Can't be any worse and at least he comes from Alpha DNA.

Maybe Michigan at home.

I dunno, Nebby packs a very solid defense.

This is a bad BIG 10 team. I mean they have some glaring limitations in general, but this is a badly built team to play in the BIG 10.

Being at the game last night where you can see the entire court develop, what struck me more than just bad shooting was even worse shot selection. Iowa was forcing everything and playing like the shot clock was always at 2 seconds.

The other thing that’s not getting much mention is rebounding. They beat us 54-40 total and 40-23 in defensive rebounds. Not even a good shooting team is going to overcome that.

Being at the game last night where you can see the entire court develop, what struck me more than just bad shooting was even worse shot selection. Iowa was forcing everything and playing like the shot clock was always at 2 seconds.

The other thing that’s not getting much mention is rebounding. They beat us 54-40 total and 40-23 in defensive rebounds. Not even a good shooting team is going to overcome that.

I've always said rebounding is a huge difference in games. Think about 14 extra possessions for a team. If the team shoots a very average 45%, that's an extra 6-7 shots made equating to roughly an extra 12-16 pts, depending on if 2 or 3's were made.

Latest posts