Meltdown Scenario???

If Deace and Miller are correct and they have a rivalry weekend in the Big Ten at the end of the season matching up 4 of the top 6 winningest programs of all times, who does Iowa end up with?

Nebraska vs Penn State
Michigan vs Ohio State
Wisconsin vs Minnesota
Illinois vs Northwestern
Purdue vs Indiana
and

Iowa vs Michigan State???

I truly hope it is Nebraska or even a fallback with Wisconsin (but their rivalry with Minnesota is longer and actually more bitter...).

Thoughts???

If Deace and Miller are correct and they have a rivalry weekend in the Big Ten at the end of the season matching up 4 of the top 6 winningest programs of all times, who does Iowa end up with?

Nebraska vs Penn State
Michigan vs Ohio State
Wisconsin vs Minnesota
Illinois vs Northwestern
Purdue vs Indiana
and

I truly hope it is Nebraska or even a fallback with Wisconsin (but their rivalry with Minnesota is longer and actually more bitter...).

Thoughts???

It HAS to be Iowa vs Nebraska. That is going to be 2nd only to UM vs OSU in the B10.

I was chatting about this with a friend, and it seems like Iowa/Nebraska has all the ingredients to quickly become one of the great football rivalries, professional or college. I know these things take time, but it seems like this one could happen fairly quickly.

If the teams stay successful and they play a bitter game or two early on, I could see this becoming the third biggest football rivalry in the Midwest within 20 years.

1. Ohio State vs. Michigan
2. Packers vs. Vikings
3. Iowa vs. Nebraska

The only way Iowa/Minn goes away for the last game is if Iowa picks up Nebby. They will not be left standing without a partner to dance with.

You know what needs to happen right. Some nebraska fans need to vandalize kinnick then iowa fans need to vandalize memorial. That would kick this rivalry into high gear pretty dam quick.

You know what needs to happen right. Some nebraska fans need to vandalize kinnick then iowa fans need to vandalize memorial. That would kick this rivalry into high gear pretty dam quick.

Iowa just needs to have a few students do a road trip to Lincoln & steal some of their s--t in the middle of the night, or at least one item valuable to them. Then make them win it back.

I don't care much for trophy games because they are a dime & a dozen now, especially in the Big10. But, I see one coming in the future with Nebby & Iowa.

nebraska fans touch kinnick stadium and i'm pretty sure ricky stanzi will petition the US government to flood the entire state of nebraska

The only way Iowa/Minn goes away for the last game is if Iowa picks up Nebby. They will not be left standing without a partner to dance with.

I could see them matching up Penn St with Nebby then matching up Wisky & Iowa because this has been a game over the past decade which has had a rival feeling. I know Wisky & Minny is the oldest rivalry in C-football, but Minny flat out sucks & is becoming irrelevant in C-football. The Iowa/Wisky match-up has had some conference results riding on it a couple times in the past 8 or so yrs. I could accept Nebby or Wisky.

If they are going to do this, it would really help the program is we could get a nationally relevant rival. The weekend would get a huge billing and we would be afterthoughts in the nation's mind if we play UM or MSU. We would need to play Nebraska or Wisconsin for it to be advantageous to us.

I could see them matching up Penn St with Nebby then matching up Wisky & Iowa because this has been a game over the past decade which has had a rival feeling. I know Wisky & Minny is the oldest rivalry in C-football, but Minny flat out sucks & is becoming irrelevant in C-football. The Iowa/Wisky match-up has had some conference results riding on it a couple times in the past 8 or so yrs. I could accept Nebby or Wisky.

MN/WI is not the oldest, accroding to this...

List of NCAA college football rivalry games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...and even then it's only one year older than our rivalry with Minnesota.

It depends on how the divisions are aligned. I assume all teams would end the season with a divisional game.

I'd like to think that we are all above desacrating hallowed ground.

I don't condone vandalism, but your sig made me laugh my a$$ off. You just have to love the optimism of Clone fans.

Nebraska vs Penn State
Michigan vs Ohio State
Wisconsin vs Minnesota
Illinois vs Northwestern
Purdue vs Indiana
and

Thoughts???

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

It won't happen, IMO, but damn it would be funny if it did.

Nebraska vs Penn State
Michigan vs Ohio State
Wisconsin vs Minnesota
Illinois vs Northwestern
Purdue vs Indiana
and

Thoughts???

I'll believe that when I see it.

Hawkeyes vs Minny, Wiscky, Nebby, Illinaoy and even Northwestern way before the Spartans even though it's been a great and competitive series.

The traditional and geographical rivalries will ultimately rule.

Latest posts