Meltdown in Badgertown

I love it.. ha. Gatens is our best player. But these guys act like there not going to lose there best player next year, Jordan Taylor. What are they going to be without him?

Whats Michigan st. going to be without Green and Wood.
Purdue without Hummel, Jackson, and Smith (there 3 leading scorers)
Northwestern without Sherna
Nebraska without Spencer and Mccray
Ohio St. without Buford and maybe Sullinger
Indiana maybe without Zeller

The Big Ten is going to be alot weaker next year and I like what were bringing in and back. I think we'll be well over 4-6 conference wins next year.

And there's more from STLBADGER ...

PG Marshall/Jackson
SG Gasser/Brust
SF Evans/Dekker
PF Bruiser/Uthoff
C Berg/Kaminsky

STLBADGER wrote: I see Brust, Dekker, and Kaminsky getting the most meaningful minutes off the bench, with Uthoff and Jackson's time a little spottier.
Our deepest team ever?? It's going to be a war for minutes next year!!

I love it.. ha. Gatens is our best player. But these guys act like there not going to lose there best player next year, Jordan Taylor. What are they going to be without him?

The Big Ten is going to be alot weaker next year and I like what were bringing in and back. I think we'll be well over 4-6 conference wins next year.

At this point I am betting on Illinois loosing Leonard to the draft. With that said, there are a ton of good recruits coming into the conference.

Hmmmm...This makes me want to make an out on a limb, probably dumb prediction that Iowa competes for a Big Ten championship next year.

At this point I am betting on Illinois loosing Leonard to the draft. With that said, there are a ton of good recruits coming into the conference.

Ya your excactly about all the good recruits coming in the conference. Were not the only ones.

I just hate the fact that these fans of other teams think that just because were losing gatens were going to be crappy next year. I read one that said we'll have 2 conference wins. One said we'll have 4-6.

I don't hate the fact that our opponents are predicting us to suck next year. It will make watching their melt downs after we beat them all the sweeter.

Re: Some of us are old enough to remember when..

"Iowa fans should feel no embarrassment whatsoever at being excited or storming the court. Iowa fans have been in basketball wasteland for 12 years, forgive us if we get excited when the program shows signs of a pulse again and one of our native sons and legacy players leads us to back-to-back wins over ranked teams with consecutive 30-point games."

Well said, Dodger. I think it was Seth Davis after the game who implied the win was not worthy of the celebration. Isn't he from Iowa? Wow. Watching it last night, I was greatful the fans showed the love for Matt's Herculean effort. He earned every bit of it. I'm HollowayHappy!

It was Andy Katz that said it was not worthy of the celebration. Katz is from Madison so there may have been some sour grapes there.

Good, I would hate for this conference to turn into the SEC or the PAC14. When you have a strong conference it is easier to get into the NCAA tournament.

Hmmmm...This makes me want to make an out on a limb, probably dumb prediction that Iowa competes for a Big Ten championship next year.

I don't know about that. Michigan is going to be tuff next year. Ohio St. and Michigan St. are going to be up there also. Indiana I really doubt loses Zeller. I think he's good but I don't think he's NBA good just yet.

Like I've been saying we have so many if's for next year. If White and Marble progress. If Oglesby and Basabe play to there potential night in, night out. And if Woodbury and Gesell are the real deal. We can beat anyone.

I don't know about that. Michigan is going to be tuff next year. Ohio St. and Michigan St. are going to be up there also. Indiana I really doubt loses Zeller. I think he's good but I don't think he's NBA good just yet.

Like I've been saying we have so many if's for next year. If White and Marble progress. If Oglesby and Basabe play to there potential night in, night out. And if Woodbury and Gesell are the real deal. We can beat anyone.

To be fair I did say out on a limb and probably dumb prediction.

so you think if we were up 2 after matts free throws we would have still let them shoot an uncontested 3 at the buzzer? or before that let them have an uncontested layup? if they would have called that goal tend it would have changed the entire end of the game. its not as simple as adding 2 points to the final score

This- should be obvious

Latest posts