Meltdown in Badgertown

It was clearly a goal tend on Basabe. The ball hit the glass and was on the way down.

It doesn't matter though because Wisconsin got away with murder in the second half.

Brusewitz shoulder tackle to knock White out of bounds was one of the more obvious fouls ive ever seen missed.

if not for a last 3 pt heave that went in that turned it from a 4 point loss into a 1 point loss, and if had been a 3 pt game with 3.8 secounds to go they would never have made it past half court without being fouled before any shot was attempted, and to point to a block or goaltend for determining the out come of the game is just dumb, there were to many dunks by Iowa players that could have been called fouls or goaltending that weren't called and ussually when a player is at the rim with the ball above the rim that should be called goal tending so it goes both ways.

Brusewitz shoulder tackle to knock White out of bounds was one of the more obvious fouls ive ever seen missed.

How about AW's little bump to make the UW player step on the endline? Not sure how he got away with that one. Thought Bo was gonna burst a vessel.

if not for a last 3 pt heave that went in that turned it from a 4 point loss into a 1 point loss, and if had been a 3 pt game with 3.8 secounds to go they would never have made it past half court without being fouled before any shot was attempted, and to point to a block or goaltend for determining the out come of the game is just dumb, there were to many dunks by Iowa players that could have been called fouls or goaltending that weren't called and ussually when a player is at the rim with the ball above the rim that should be called goal tending so it goes both ways.

Seriously, how do you goaltend a dunk?

Funny how reasonable everyone is on this board when we win. If we were the ones who lost by one and UW had gotten away with a goaltend, the forums would be in full meltdown mode.

I'm fully aware that one missed call doesn't determine the outcome of a game. To pretend that it means nothing is also "dumb."

Funny how reasonable everyone is on this board when we win. If we were the ones who lost by one and UW had gotten away with a goaltend, the forums would be in full meltdown mode.

I'm fully aware that one missed call doesn't determine the outcome of a game. To pretend that it means nothing is also "dumb."

Had Iowa lost that game I would have been all over the got-screwed-by-the-refs thread. I seen some horrible calls that went against Iowa and a ton of no calls. It appeared Bo Ryan trumps any home court advantage when it comes to the way the game got officiated. From the moving charges to the slap on Basabes arm on the dunk attempt I thought the calls went in Wisconsin's favor. Boroski seemed to be in the middle of most of the calls that went against Iowa.

For those of you that spend any time on the Scout site ... I present to you STLBADGER

Posted: February 23, 2012 11:00PM
Unbelievable - they act like they won a NC - and they are BELOW .500 in the conference. Can you imagine if they ever have a title contending team? Without Gatens, they'll win 2-4 conference games next year.

For those of you that spend any time on the Scout site ... I present to you STLBADGER

Unbelievable - they act like they won a NC - and they are BELOW .500 in the conference. Can you imagine if they ever have a title contending team? Without Gatens, they'll win 2-4 conference games next year.

He must be confused as he was on earlier saying 4-6 wins. He spews crap in all directions without any real thought process.

Posted: Today 11:37 AM
RE: Could Iowa make the tournament?

No he is a senior, take him away and they only had 3 player score the entire game
They really are limited without Gatens going off - they'll win 4-6 games in the conference next year. Book it.

He must be confused as he was on earlier saying 4-6 wins. He spews crap in all directions without any real thought process.

Posted: Today 11:37 AM
RE: Could Iowa make the tournament?

No he is a senior, take him away and they only had 3 player score the entire game
They really are limited without Gatens going off - they'll win 4-6 games in the conference next year. Book it.

I love it when our "opponent" posters say "Book it". That means it certainly will not be true.

Wow......just wow. That is stunningly ignorant. Can't wait to sweep them again next year. Without Taylor they'll win 2-4 conference games.

Holy crap.....here is a post on the Badger forum that actually makes sense.

"Clearly we should have learned from the last game and how Iowa has played in conference games that they have some pretty solid talent. Cartwright was the one who killed us last time and he barely played. White is very good, marble is pretty good, basabe is talented, and the rest are good outside shooters. Plus they can get out and run.

It didn't look like we had any better plan of slowing them down than we did the last time."

A reasoned thought. Who woulda thought it?

I love it.. ha. Gatens is our best player. But these guys act like there not going to lose there best player next year, Jordan Taylor. What are they going to be without him?

Whats Michigan st. going to be without Green and Wood.
Purdue without Hummel, Jackson, and Smith (there 3 leading scorers)
Northwestern without Sherna
Nebraska without Spencer and Mccray
Ohio St. without Buford and maybe Sullinger
Indiana maybe without Zeller

The Big Ten is going to be alot weaker next year and I like what were bringing in and back. I think we'll be well over 4-6 conference wins next year.

There are few things better in life than visiting the Badger forums after they lose. Here are a few nuggets of wisdom posted there:

"They make a run with the subs and Bo pulls them? What kind of idiocy is that. Not to mention a complete lack of urgency. You don't run clock when you are down 10. This team is a joke and their top 25 ranking is a joke. At least they'll be out in round one so the embarrassment will be short."

"What is with Iowa rushing the court? Pretty lame if you ask me. A good win for Iowa for sure, but it's not like they just knocked off the number one team in the country or anything. I just don't think being a 5 point underdog and winning a game at home is justification for rushing the court. What will they do for an encore if they ever do have a huge victory?"

Then this just made me laugh:
"It is disappointing to think that these guys cost us the B1G title as they have Gatens and 4 nice D2 / D3 players starting for them. I don't see this promising future for the hawks - who do they have besides Gatens?"

Is it pretty common for fans to storm the court at away games? :rolleyes: The only time I remember a team storming the field/court at an away game was football against Minnesota... and that was at Kinnick North so I'm not even sure it was really a true away game. ;)

And the comment you quoted after that might be one of the dumbest things I have ever read! What an idiot!

Is it pretty common for fans to storm the court at away games? :rolleyes: The only time I remember a team storming the field/court at an away game was football against Minnesota... and that was at Kinnick North so I'm not even sure it was really a true away game. ;)

And the comment you quoted after that might be one of the dumbest things I have ever read! What a BADGER!

Fixed it for ya. lol

Latest posts