Media outlet reporting Hawks to insight...

We may need Derby on defense THIS season if we're going to be matched up with a pass team like Mizzou.

Rather play Nebby, more interesting match-up, better schematically as well for the hawks.

Last year this game was played on New Years eve, 5 pm central time kickoff. Why did they move the game up? Checked the bowl schedule for New year's eve this year: 4 games total, 3 on ESPN 1 on CBS, beginning at noon and last KO at 7:30 eastern time. I think this game would better left on New Year's eve.

Rather play Nebby, more interesting match-up, better schematically as well for the hawks.

Last year this game was played on New Years eve, 5 pm central time kickoff. Why did they move the game up? Checked the bowl schedule for New year's eve this year: 4 games total, 3 on ESPN 1 on CBS, beginning at noon and last KO at 7:30 eastern time. I think this game would better left on New Year's eve.

It was NYE at a good time but nobody could watch it because they were on the NFL network. So to get a better TV spot they had to move the bowl. Better TV with ESPN, horrible time slot.

I am confident this is far from a "done deal".....Insight is likely but a lot has to happen for Mizzou to land here.

All of this assuming the Huskers lose and Washington wins....

I am confident this is far from a "done deal".....Insight is likely but a lot has to happen for Mizzou to land here.

All of this assuming the Huskers lose and Washington wins....

I'm going to say that the Iowa part of the equation is probably a done deal. I find it hard to believe that Jon Walters would put his name on something if he wasn't pretty sure it was true.

I'm going to say that the Iowa part of the equation is probably a done deal. I find it hard to believe that Jon Walters would put his name on something if he wasn't pretty sure it was true.

Just like Iowa to the Fiesta last year ;)

It may be likely but with a bunch of games yet to be played I highly doubt this is a done deal

It was NYE at a good time but nobody could watch it because they were on the NFL network. So to get a better TV spot they had to move the bowl. Better TV with ESPN, horrible time slot.

Makes sense.......Just remember how perfect everything set up for ISU fans....especially for those fans that traveled. I knew about the network change, but i didn't think about it in terms of changing the date.

Everybody book a non-refundable flight to Phoenix and buy tickets to the Insight Bowl.

Then come back here and throw a tantrum tomorrow night if this report is not true.

I would say that If we were Northwestern or Illinois we could feel pretty confident with our bowl destination. I think that Iowa possesses a "sleeping giant" feel coming off a three game losing streak, all tough fought battles. I think Outback still wants to have a competitive game vs Alabama, if SC wins vs Auburn that could shake it all up again. I think Iowa gets slotted in the Outback Bowl if this happens. No way do they take Michigan and their **** poor defense. PSU would then play in the gator, and Michigan would fall to play against Missouri a high scoring affair in Arizona.

Last edited:
Makes sense.......Just remember how perfect everything set up for ISU fans....especially for those fans that traveled. I knew about the network change, but i didn't think about it in terms of changing the date.

I absolutely hate the date and time of this bowl. I like the idea of playing a border rival over an SEC team but I hate the prospect of playing a game at 9:00pm on a Tuesday night.

I absolutely hate the date and time of this bowl. I like the idea of playing a border rival over an SEC team but I hate the prospect of playing a game at 9:00pm on a Tuesday night.

Did they change the date of the bowl? It is no longer on New Years Eve?

Regarding the game, I think you will really like the Insight bowl. Not sure that it compares to the Outback, but it really is a great city and has a good bowl atmosphere. Tempe is a college town and really enjoyed myself there last year as well as attending the great New Years party they throw downtown.

Regarding Missouri - not sure how you will match up with them. I know we played mostly a 3-2-6 against them, which is fairly unconventional but really seemed to be effective. Our defense played great against them, if we could have mustered any offense we could have had a chance at winning. Does Iowa have the personnel to implement something like this, or is there no way you would move away from a strength at the DL.

Iowa to Insight is very likely, yes. Would i book a ticket for it now? No.

I would say that If we were Northwestern or Illinois we could feel pretty confident with our bowl destination. I think that Iowa possesses a "sleeping giant" feel coming off a three game losing streak, all tough fought battles. I think Outback still wants to have a competitive game vs Alabama, if SC wins vs Auburn that could shake it all up again. I think Iowa gets slotted in the Outback Bowl if this happens. No way do they take Michigan and their **** poor defense. PSU would then play in the gator, and Michigan would fall to play against Missouri a high scoring affair in Arizona.

I'm having trouble seeing how Alabama would fall to the Outback. If Auburn loses to South Carolina, Auburn still gets a BCS bid, and the Cap One picks up Alabama.