Media outlet reporting Hawks to insight...

Timeout. This, to me is a worthless article by WOI. Minus the title, what was reported is nothing more than what many already are thinking and saying... and not definitive at all- that the Insight Bowl is "the most logical destination."

Within the last hour, informed sources tell ABC5 Sports, that by far the most likely scenario for the University of Iowa Hawkeye football team, is that they will play in the Insight Bowl against Missouri.

The obvious other thing of note, is regardless of what the insight bowl wants, if the Gator wants it more then they'll take it. Note, I think it is very likely that Iowa plays in the insight, and am not saying they wont- but this article is complete crap and filler.

Last edited:
Regarding Missouri - not sure how you will match up with them. I know we played mostly a 3-2-6 against them, which is fairly unconventional but really seemed to be effective. Our defense played great against them, if we could have mustered any offense we could have had a chance at winning. Does Iowa have the personnel to implement something like this, or is there no way you would move away from a strength at the DL.

Iowa doesn't change anything on defense regardless of who we are playing. Ever. We could get a bowl matchup with a team from 1946, or a modern spread team......same Iowa defense.

The "Insight Bowl" is just a plain stupid name (with all due respect to Insight and their employees of course), BUT Pleeease, what a dumb name. It just shines of "weak sister of the poor" bowl. They need to change the name. Won't happen til the company drops sponsorship of course, but come on man. Dumb stupid bowl.

Now if maybe they were in Florida and called it the Cap One, or Outback, or Gator.....much better name...better time slot...better date... better opponent...better recruiting...and much better connotation. :D

Latest posts