Media Bomb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IowaFanSince82

Was that about tucker transfering? Was that what the bomb was, that he was getting released from his scholly? Just wondering if it was or wasn't.

I would guess no. Because that was not surprising in the least. Everyone knew that was a real possibility.

Assuming there actually is a bomb.

Anyone really ever associate the word "bomb" with good news?

I'm guessing it was the article that the ICPC ran, quoting Jess Settles, Kenyon Murray, and ESPN's Andy Katz. If I remember correctly, on his show that morning, Jon would only elaborate that people close to the program would soon be talking. Jess and Kenyon would fit that criteria.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing it was the article that the ICPC ran, quoting Jess Settles, Kenyon Murray, and ESPN's Andy Katz. If I remember correctly, on his show that morning, Jon would only elaborate that people close to the program would soon be talking. Jess and Kenyon would fit that criteria.

Agreed. When former players start coming out and saying less than positive things about the program, that would qualify as a bomb. Although I thought both Settles and Murray were pretty professional with their interviews. It could have been much worse.

Katz's comments weren't surprising. And are more than likely the opinion among most of the national sportswriters I would think.

Mabye we are taking this "media bomb" thing to figuratively. Has anyone considered the fact that Pat Harty might actually explode?

Regarding the Settles and Murray article I don't see how that qualified... it wasn't exactly earthshaking.

Mabye we are taking this "media bomb" thing to figuratively. Has anyone considered the fact that Pat Harty might actually explode?

Regarding the Settles and Murray article I don't see how that qualified... it wasn't exactly earthshaking.

I agree Duff. It's sometimes not the content though. But more of who is saying it.

It's never good when former players say anything negative about the program.

The bomb will be Fuller and Gatens leaving. Thats the rumblings

While that rumor may be flying around that can't be what Jon was referring to. He's on the record being optimistic we could have a winning season next year. I think we all agree we won't win anything without those too. I'm going to start a rumour that Guy Rucker has one more year of elebility left and is comming to play Center for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.