McNutt

pmchawk

I know this was 1 game and it only gets tougher from here. If he is sitting at 500+ yards and 7 TDs through 4 games, what will people be saying about him outside of Iowa? Would there be any hype surrounding him going into PSU?

Hype I don't know about...but man he is going to be a headache for defenses. If our TEs can catch the passing game will be very very tough.

lol. I'm just a little too excited to ask a possible question, I'm just thinking it will come up after Pitt, maybe Louisiana-Monroe.

There'll be more hype for McNutt because he is our premier receiver this year. He's the number one guy that people will be saying "They have to stop that guy" DJK was that guy last year. If he plays like he did Saturday all year, we may have a 1st rounder on our team this year.

lol. I'm just a little too excited to ask a possible question, I'm just thinking it will come up after Pitt, maybe Louisiana-Monroe.

I like the thought you're having, but it's not going to happen unfortunately... And ps. i like the taste of crow so i'm not afraid to eat it!

If I was going to guess at McNutt's stats this year I would say

65 catches for 1150 yards and 12 TDs in 14 games.

Last edited:
He amazes me with his long strides and effortless catches, he's going to have a breakout year. McNutt is the man.

Assuming bowl game, McNutt needs to average 71.5 ypg the rest of the year to break DJK's record. I think he does it.

More importantly, who the hell is going to be our deep threat next season?

Yes. We are going into game two of this here season and you ask this remedial question? Congratulations son! You've made the All-Big Ten pessimist team fer 2018. Now put yer pillow pads on, get back on the dang field and tackle the water cooler. You've made the team.

More importantly, who the hell is going to be our deep threat next season?

Let's focus on this season first, huh? But to answer your question, Shumpert certainly has the size and speed to be a quality deep threat. Furthermore, if Hilyer has improved his speed as much as I have been told, he could be quite the receiver for us someday as well .

Yes. We are going into game two of this here season and you ask this remedial question? Congratulations son! You've made the All-Big Ten pessimist team fer 2018. Now put yer pillow pads on, get back on the dang field and tackle the water cooler. You've made the team.

You get a gold star for your effort in creating a multi-sentence tangent that didn't answer my question in the slightest. I am concerned with this season, of course, but I am also interested in the program's success in years to come as well. We have McNutt this year as the deep threat, and for the last 4 years we had DJK. These weapons at WR are essential for the pro-style offense that Iowa runs. I just don't see any WR's on the current roster that have proven that they could handle the load. Sorry for being curious and asking questions, Tex.

You get a gold star for your effort in creating a multi-sentence tangent that didn't answer my question in the slightest. I am concerned with this season, of course, but I am also interested in the program's success in years to come as well. We have McNutt this year as the deep threat, and for the last 4 years we had DJK. These weapons at WR are essential for the pro-style offense that Iowa runs. I just don't see any WR's on the current roster that have proven that they could handle the load. Sorry for being curious and asking questions, Tex.

You seem to miss the fact that he didn't answer your question because there is no reason to concern ourselves with it at this point. We JUST started THIS season. We'll start worrying about who replaces McNutt in 2012 when we start getting closer to November.

Another reason he probably didnt answer your question is because it probably depends alot on how the young guys play this year. With DJK,McNutt,Sandeman and Chaney they really havent gotten alot of game time

Whoever the coach was that suggested the position change should get a huge raise! McNutt is turning into one of my all time favorite Hawks!

Latest posts