McDermott to Creighton

I have not seen any other report out of Omaha verifying this statement. Not to mention that the ABC affiliate, channel 5, has been the station breaking the McD news thus far. Not saying it isnt true, but I am skeptical. I do, however, expect McDermott to be the next head coach at Creighton.

I have not seen any other report out of Omaha verifying this statement. Not to mention that the ABC affiliate, channel 5, has been the station breaking the McD news thus far. Not saying it isnt true, but I am skeptical. I do, however, expect McDermott to be the next head coach at Creighton.

Just going by what is being reported on Channel 3 in Omaha. It was reported on their Sunday night Soundoff show. It started off as listing McDermott as one of about 4 potential candidates. The show later came back from a commercial break reporting "breaking news" that it was a done deal for about 9 million over 10 years. Host is guessing ISU waived the $800,000 buy-out clause.

Take that Iowa!! You guys have to pay to get rid of Lickliter. We wait it out and now Creighton has to pay us 800,000! Take that!

: )

I am torn on this. Not sad to see Greg go but which it happened a couple weeks ago like Iowas so we could get in on a coach quicker

Why would Creighton even give this clown a second look? I mean he has failed pretty badly at ISU.

I think it's a good hire for Creighton. McDermott has had success in the MVC already and he has a more outgoing personality than Altman. That will play well in Omaha. He was a lame duck at ISU so it is good for McDermott too.

I think it's a good hire for Creighton. McDermott has had success in the MVC already and he has a more outgoing personality than Altman. That will play well in Omaha. He was a lame duck at ISU so it is good for McDermott too.

Win, win for both. They get a good MVC coach who has proven he can cut it at that level. We get a fresh start.

This seems similar to when Alford bolted to NM. McD knows the writing is on the wall and is getting out a year before he gets fired.

Latest posts