McCaffery Adds Michigan Point Guard to the Fold

You mean bawinkle who played at west virgins had no d1 offers?

I thought Davis was the guy who excelled defensively? Iowa fans have a habit of building up all these recruits and then being extremely disappointed when they get here. See Christenson, Jake and gatens

the jury is still out on Gatens, i've seen enough players have mediocre careers until their senior year then and have a excellent finish, Lohaus comes to mind, he was a McD AA coming out of HS and a lot thru him under the bus and had a great season enough to get a NBA contract and a pretty nice career

What BCS level offers does Clemmons have? his rivals page shows all MAC schools.

Im not trying to rip a kid or anything and I have trust that Fran is bringing in the right pieces for the puzzle.

He was talking about that group as a whole. Clemmons is one player. The rest of the 2012 class each had multiple high major offers/interest. Clemmons is probably the least recruited of the incoming class and he appears to have about the same interest level as Fuller/Tucker did. When Fran's least recruited incoming player has similar offers to Lick's most recruited player (in that class), that's a massive upgrade.

He was talking about that group as a whole. Clemmons is one player. The rest of the 2012 class each had multiple high major offers/interest. Clemmons is probably the least recruited of the incoming class and he appears to have about the same interest level as Fuller/Tucker did. When Fran's least recruited incoming player has similar offers to Lick's most recruited player (in that class), that's a massive upgrade.

Good point, i over looked this

Peaches from Georgia is now the key to our class.

Can we assume you mean Mr. Mitchell here, and not Mr. Meyer? If Charles Mitchell who you are talking about, and he becomes a Hawkeye, then Fran McCaffery really is my newest Hawkeye god.

Charles Mitchell would make this 2012 class an ENTIRE TEAM, a damn good B1G team, on their own. With a bench!

Wow. Stop! That is just too much Hawkeye overflow for the senses...

Ingram's offers are quite similar to Clemmons offers. Fran is 2-0 versus NIU in recruiting battles.

Ingram's offers are quite similar to Clemmons offers. Fran is 2-0 versus NIU in recruiting battles.

True enough. I really think that Fran knows what he wants though. I would be a little worried if he were targeting these guys in the spring (cause he couldn't get his top targets). Yet these are the kids he wants. There are plenty of good kids that slip past the BCS conference teams, and Fran isn't scared to offer a kid he knows will be good, just because others don't see it. Reminds me of our football staff somewhat.....

True enough. I really think that Fran knows what he wants though. I would be a little worried if he were targeting these guys in the spring (cause he couldn't get his top targets). Yet these are the kids he wants. There are plenty of good kids that slip past the BCS conference teams, and Fran isn't scared to offer a kid he knows will be good, just because others don't see it. Reminds me of our football staff somewhat.....

Most of us said that about Lick too

By the end of year two I knew Lick ball was not big ten ball. With two games left in the season of Licks third year, I cried when the AD came out and said Lick has his full support...........it's bad enough to be a die hard cubs fan but that was about all I could stand. Who killed the Iowa basketball program? The butler did it on the bench with his head down in his hands. Thank God the AD was just kidding. By the way is the Lickliter coaching any where yet or is he just sitting around living off of his Iowa welfare check?

By the end of year two I knew Lick ball was not big ten ball. With two games left in the season of Licks third year, I cried when the AD came out and said Lick has his full support...........it's bad enough to be a die hard cubs fan but that was about all I could stand. Who killed the Iowa basketball program? The butler did it on the bench with his head down in his hands. Thank God the AD was just kidding. By the way is the Lickliter coaching any where yet or is he just sitting around living off of his Iowa welfare check?

He is now an assistant coach at Miami University (Ohio). And Lil' Lick is continuing to play D1 ball as a walk-on for Tom Crean ... wait, I kid ... he is in his junior year playing for NAIA Marian, a Catholic and Franciscan college in Indy. Last year he played a total of 14 minutes and made two of three treys for a season total of 6 points.

url

Last edited:
He is now an assistant coach at Miami University (Ohio). And Lil' Lick is continuing to play D1 ball as a walk-on for Tom Crean ... wait, I kid ... he is in his junior year playing for NAIA Marian, a Catholic and Franciscan college in Indy. Last year he played a total of 14 minutes and made two of three treys for a season total of 6 points.

url

Actually I don't think John is playing ball anymore.

I don't know. We had just generated a lot of buzz for the program after getting Woodbury and now we get a player who only has MAC offers. Is this a lost opportunity? Then again, we know Fran can spot talent so we have to be open-minded I guess.

If I remember correctly BigD, you were a staunch Lackluster supporter up until the end on Hawk Central boards. Lots of people on that board were delusional in their thinking that BicLighter just needed more time. I apologize if I am wrong.

You mean bawinkle who played at west virgins had no d1 offers?

I thought Davis was the guy who excelled defensively? Iowa fans have a habit of building up all these recruits and then being extremely disappointed when they get here. See Christenson, Jake and gatens

Bawinkel was cut by Huggins at West Va. when he took that job, and Devan went to an illinois juco. He did not have high division one offers out of the juco when Lick jumped on him. But at least he started. Davis and Archie did not even start for their juco teams when lick jumped on them.

When you look at the guys who are not legacy or committed to Iowa when Lick arrived(Marble,Cole,Gatens,Kelly,May,Peterson) you are not left with much talent brought in by Lick. Tucker,Brommer,Fuller,Bawinkel,Davis,Archie,McCabe,Payne....ouch.

Bawinkel was cut by Huggins at West Va. when he took that job, and Devan went to an illinois juco. He did not have high division one offers out of the juco when Lick jumped on him. But at least he started. Davis and Archie did not even start for their juco teams when lick jumped on them.

When you look at the guys who are not legacy or committed to Iowa when Lick arrived(Marble,Cole,Gatens,Kelly,May,Peterson) you are not left with much talent brought in by Lick. Tucker,Brommer,Fuller,Bawinkel,Davis,Archie,McCabe,Payne....ouch.
One thing Fuller wasn't that bad and isn't McCabe Frans recruit?

I agree that Fuller and McCabe are decent players. McCabe did commit to Iowa when Lick was the coach,so he is a Lick recruit. But,overall, Licks percentage of good hits on recruits was not good. 2 or 3 decent recruits in 3 years will not get it done.