Maybe Iowa and ISU can consolidate for basketball season

Pooker

:rolleyes::rolleyes:kinda like the small high schools. That way between the 2 schools thye may have enough scholarship players to make a team.

I think we will be cashing it in for next year. Were going to be down to walk ons. I can not believe the shape that Iowa and ISU are in right now. This has to be a first and worst.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:kinda like the small high schools. That way between the 2 schools thye may have enough scholarship players to make a team.

This is very funny...and kinda sad at the same time. I am not an Iowa State fan but I can certainly relate to their problems.

And the clowns are in even worse shape with the state legislature saying that ISU has to wean itself off state money for athletics. That means that the several millions a year that the state gives them will have to be made up by other means. That also means that Pollard probably cannot fire McDermot because the athletic dept just will not have the funds to fire and hire another coach because of the potential shortfall that will have to be made up somehow.

At least Iowa was able to move on from Lickliter. We might lose players but we have a new coach and new hope. They are the clowns...and so it continues.

With our small population base, I have often wished that the state of Iowa was like Minnesota, Nebraska, or Missouri with just one BCS school. With so few basketball and football recruits in the state, our margin of error in trying to put together a successful program is very small. Even when ISU sucks, they still manage to get an in state recruit or two away from us every year in basketball and/or football.

Maybe the answer is for the programs to be consolidated in this fashion. Iowa gives up men's basketball. ISU gives up football. (I am not really serious, but it would help both programs be more successful.)

And the clowns are in even worse shape with the state legislature saying that ISU has to wean itself off state money for athletics. That means that the several millions a year that the state gives them will have to be made up by other means. That also means that Pollard probably cannot fire McDermot because the athletic dept just will not have the funds to fire and hire another coach because of the potential shortfall that will have to be made up somehow.

At least Iowa was able to move on from Lickliter. We might lose players but we have a new coach and new hope. They are the clowns...and so it continues.

Brilliant deduction :rolleyes:

Maybe the answer is for the programs to be consolidated in this fashion. Iowa gives up men's basketball. ISU gives up football. (I am not really serious, but it would help both programs be more successful.)

I don't think one program would create a a stronger football or basketball program for either. Good competition between us both is what make both beter.

Where is Pollard going to come up with the dollars to hire a new coach when ISU still has to suck the teet of the Iowa taxpayers for the athletic programs?

Do you think the taxpayers should pay for the clowns to fire McDermot and pay for his buyout and pay for a new coach when the clowns can't support themselves?.

The legislature is right on with this one. If Pollard wants to hire and fire coaches like schools with big budgets then it is up to the clown supporters to come up with the money to support their athletics, not the Iowa taxpayers.

Or Pollard needs to cut his aspirations for the clowns and hire coaches in the mid major range like UNI does. Clown supporters only need to come up with about $3 million more every year to support their athletics to get off the state payroll, then come up with the additional money to fire McDermot and then hire a new coach. Shouldn't be too hard for the clown supporters and students.

Where is Pollard going to come up with the dollars to hire a new coach when ISU still has to suck the teet of the Iowa taxpayers for the athletic programs?

Do you think the taxpayers should pay for the clowns to fire McDermot and pay for his buyout and pay for a new coach when the clowns can't support themselves?.

The legislature is right on with this one. If Pollard wants to hire and fire coaches like schools with big budgets then it is up to the clown supporters to come up with the money to support their athletics, not the Iowa taxpayers.

Or Pollard needs to cut his aspirations for the clowns and hire coaches in the mid major range like UNI does. Clown supporters only need to come up with about $3 million more every year to support their athletics to get off the state payroll, then come up with the additional money to fire McDermot and then hire a new coach. Shouldn't be too hard for the clown supporters and students.

Where are you getting this 3 million number? It's about 900k in true taxpayer money and I think they should get off of it.

If you should be mad at anybody, be mad at UNI, they spend about 4.5 million.

Even if you combine the two teams, they would still suck. That's how bad it is.

Latest posts