Matt and Miller Twitter

If we need to get back on the radar, why would we play Creighton? Creighton?? Sorry, Matt, but Creighton ain't Kansas, Duke, NC, etc. You think that a national television audience would actually watch an Iowa-Creighton game? You think that people from eastern Iowa would want to buy a ticket to see Echenique in Des Moines, let alone CHA? Pfffft.

+1

Former "Husker shill", still wet behind the ears, but does not let that stop him from spewing his hawkeye hatred on the airwaves in and around the DSM metro area. Thank God kxno has a weak signal, it limits his bile to the central Iowa region.

lol, I love how he keeps getting labled by you guys a Husker Shill. I live in Omaha and he basically got run out of town for "NOT" being a Husker Shill.

From what I know, he came from the East Coast, Boston area. He's a Redsox and Patriots fan. He also worked in the SEC area, Alabama I think. I am about 100% sure he did not graduate from Crieghton, but I could be wrong. I liked his show because he didn't get all high and mighty when the team would beat up on Northern Michigan Tech-Poly for the Pregnant Nuns, and did think the world ended when you lost to a top 5 team.

Last edited:
lol, I love how he keeps getting labled by you guys a Husker Shill. I live in Omaha and he basically got run out of town for "NOT" being a Husker Shill.

So pretty much wherever he is on the air he bashes on the hometown favorite to get his audience fired up?? I'm shocked a sports radio personality would do something like this!

So pretty much wherever he is on the air he bashes on the hometown favorite to get his audience fired up?? I'm shocked a sports radio personality would do something like this!

I listened to MP on BS590 regularly when I lived near Omaha for a few years. He was a Husker antagonist for sure, but isn't enough of a hater to not give credit where credit is due. And actually he was pretty much right on with most of his criticism especially of the AD/HC situation there. Matt is a natural antagonist...so he's going to be more inclined to be the anti-homer, yes.

Does he get out of line at times? Absolutely. I think recently the criticism of the Drake announcer is a pinnacle example. But he can also bring some very salient points to the table that a fan base should consider.

Also, someone mentioned getting run out, I don't know the exact story of MP leaving 590, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was more centric to their overall ratings problem as a station versus Matt specifically getting 'run'. That station wasn't considered the premier local sports station.

Latest posts