Matt and Miller Twitter

Nobody goes to our home games. A game in Des Moines would draw Hawk fans from The Metro, as well as CU fans in Des Moines, and a lot of CU fans would make the drive from Omaha.

A full arena...ahhhh the possibilities.

How does that benefit Iowa?

Again explain to me why Iowa needs to play three Valley schools in one year? Don't even get me started on playing in Des Moines, no thanks.

Correct. It's interesting how the only person who think that this "needs to happen" also runs a Creighton message board. Matt, explain to us again why Iowa would want to make trips to Ames, Cedar Falls, and Des Moines in the same season.

If Creighton "needs" to play Iowa, they can come to Carver when Iowa has to play ISU and UNI on the road.

Nobody goes to our home games. A game in Des Moines would draw Hawk fans from The Metro, as well as CU fans in Des Moines, and a lot of CU fans would make the drive from Omaha.

A full arena...ahhhh the possibilities.

How does that benefit Iowa?

If Iowa played a game in Des Moines on a Saturday afternoon or night I would say they would get more than 5,000 people in the seats.

You said it not me....Iowa vs. Creighton in 2011 is a very good idea for everyone involved. You'll see how many Jays fans will come to DSM next year for Iowa State. Heck, there will be over 2k in the Knapp Center on Saturday for the game against Drake.

Iowa vs. Creighton should and needs to happen.

You're connected. Why don't you place a call to Barta and make it happen.

If Iowa played a game in Des Moines on a Saturday afternoon or night I would say they would get more than 5,000 people in the seats.

So you really think playing 3 Valley Schools in one season is a smart thing? Please tell me you aren't serious

So you really think playing 3 Valley Schools in one season is a smart thing? Please tell me you aren't serious

Did you forget we played Wichita St this year, and it is better than playing UTSA, Bowling Green, North Carolina Central, Tennessee St or Prairie View A&M.

So why don't you think it is a smart thing? Should Iowa continue to play these dog's and get 4,000 people to the games or should they upgrade the schedule a little and possibly get more people to attend. Playing Creighton isn't like playing Duke, North Carolina or Kansas.

Did you forget we played Wichita St this year, and it is better than playing UTSA, Bowling Green, North Carolina Central, Tennessee St or Prairie View A&M.

So why don't you think it is a smart thing? Should Iowa continue to play these dog's and get 4,000 people to the games or should they upgrade the schedule a little and possibly get more people to attend. Playing Creighton isn't like playing Duke, North Carolina or Kansas.

You do not give up a home game to play Creighton in DSM. No way. I'd rather beef it up even more and play a top 25 team...Creighton is not worth it frankly.

No I did not forget that but explain how giving up a home game makes sense?

You do not give up a home game to play Creighton in DSM. No way. I'd rather beef it up even more and play a top 25 team...Creighton is not worth it frankly.

Why? Iowa isn't drawing 15,500 to home games and the University is losing their *** with all the overhead for every home game. This way you get the payment without the overhead because travel cost would be very small.

Correct, and this is the central point that those of us against playing Creighton in Des Moines are trying to make.

Why? Iowa isn't drawing 15,500 to home games and the University is losing their *** with all the overhead for every home game. This way you get the payment without the overhead because travel cost would be very small.

Any money the University is losing has more than been made up by the success of the football team. If Iowa and Creighton want to play, set up a home and home. Let ISU play Creighton in Des Moines.

Speaking of ISU, they're getting blown out at Oklahoma tonight.

So instead of losing a little bit of money for having the game at Carver you want Iowa to make sure they gain nothing for playing in DSM? Very smart business idea..........:rolleyes:

So instead of losing a little bit of money for having the game at Carver you want Iowa to make sure they gain nothing for playing in DSM? Very smart business idea..........:rolleyes:

Who said anything about them gaining nothing? They would probably get a set payment from whoever runs Wells Fargo Arena like a bowl game and the travel cost of a charter bus won't cost what they would get paid along with not having to pay security, vedors, scorers, etc.....

It won't happen so I guess there is no need in arguing about this anymore.

I wouldn't say it WON'T happen. I know for a fact that CU is talking to several "area" Big 10 and Big 12 schools about playing next year - so why not talk to Iowa about 2011? It makes perfect sense and yes - Iowa played 3 Valley schools this year (went 1-2 btw) so it could happen.

Creighton and Iowa State are playing next year and watch how many Jays fans are in Des Moines on Saturday night for Drake.

Iowa's basketball program needs to get back on the radar. The Jays in 2011 won't be nearly as good as they will be next year but they will have Top 50 Gregory Echenique as a Senior then...He's a legit NBA prospect - best since Korver so I think it would be smart for Iowa to play Creighton.

Iowa's basketball program needs to get back on the radar. The Jays in 2011 won't be nearly as good as they will be next year but they will have Top 50 Gregory Echenique as a Senior then...He's a legit NBA prospect - best since Korver so I think it would be smart for Iowa to play Creighton.

If we need to get back on the radar, why would we play Creighton? Creighton?? Sorry, Matt, but Creighton ain't Kansas, Duke, NC, etc. You think that a national television audience would actually watch an Iowa-Creighton game? You think that people from eastern Iowa would want to buy a ticket to see Echenique in Des Moines, let alone CHA? Pfffft.

Duke, KU and other powers will play Iowa - at their place to beat them by 30.

Getting back on the radar means playing non-conf games against quality opponents. CU is 4 wins away from winning 10 league games for the 14th straight season. You know who else can say they have a streak like that - 1 : Kansas.

Playing Creighton won't bring national attention, but it's a quality non-conference game that they could hope to win. Sorry Texas San Antonio doesn't bring you any respect - esp when you lose AT home.

How give a **** about Creighton basketball on an IOWA FOOTBALL board?

Quit bringing them up.

You can give us a preview of their CBI tournament game later in March if you want:=)

Last edited:
Iowa fans do not care about Creighton, never have, never will. The game isn't interesting. I'm sure it'd be real fun for the guy who runs their rivals site to have a an Iowa/Creighton game but to the fans, WE.DON'T.CARE

Duke, KU and other powers will play Iowa - at their place to beat them by 30.

Getting back on the radar means playing non-conf games against quality opponents. CU is 4 wins away from winning 10 league games for the 14th straight season. You know who else can say they have a streak like that - 1 : Kansas.

Playing Creighton won't bring national attention, but it's a quality non-conference game that they could hope to win. Sorry Texas San Antonio doesn't bring you any respect - esp when you lose AT home.

Iowa all ready plays UNI, Drake, and ISU in the non-conference, along with an ACC team every year, and never mind that Iowa played Texas and Wichita State this year, either. You know what else would get Iowa back on the radar? Winning games like last nights game. A win over Ohio State - in any season - is going to do more for the Iowa basketball program than a win over Creighton in the non-conference. Playing Creighton in the non-conference won't bring any more attention than playing Drake or UNI.

Last edited:

Latest posts