Mass Iowa Football Transfers? Dodd at it again...

Is that James Vanderbeeken in your profile pic IowaFarmGirl??? Sorry but you instantly lose credibility with that one.

No, but if it were, I don't see how that would cost me credibility...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD438ZKbW_o&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1]YouTube - Jay e Silent Bob incontrano Jason Bigg e James van der Beek[/ame]

Now if you don't mind, I am going to play Chess with Matthew Broderick...

Here is Dodd's Twitter page. Funny, thought I would see more Tweets to him about this but are just a few. Born and raised in Clever, Missouri (interesting name), grad 1973, went to U of Missouri, major ? Wrote for some Tiger Sorts rag and again, ? But that's about all I have, but Twitter page here;

Twitter

Seems to be a pattern from these Missouri grads....Pat Forde and Dodd...hmmmm...not like Missouri envies Iowa or is ****** about losing to Iowa or about being snubbed by the Big Ten,right?

Ignore this jerk,and Forde...two peas in a missouri pod.

Ok, so basically has ANYONE seen anything that can substantiate Dodd's story or is he truly just that full of ****? From what I've been seeing there is no truth to anything as of now... I knew he disliked Iowa but WTF is up with this kind of slander and fabricaiton?

Rittenberg put Dodd's article in his lunchtime links. I sent Rittenberg an email asking what the hell he did that for (not in those words).

yeah I saw that in his links. There are a lot of posts asking the same question and my guess is he'll give a response something like he is just providing an opinion free link to a news story and its his job to simply provide links to new stories that are out there and let the readers come to their own conclusions. Pretty weak IMO.

yeah I saw that in his links. There are a lot of posts asking the same question and my guess is he'll give a response something like he is just providing an opinion free link to a news story and its his job to simply provide links to new stories that are out there and let the readers come to their own conclusions. Pretty weak IMO.

Well that's what the links post is for. It's just a portal. Not weak, that's really the only thing a post like that can be used for.

Well that's what the links post is for. It's just a portal. Not weak, that's really the only thing a post like that can be used for.

I agree thats what his lunchtime links is for but I have to wonder if he actually read the article before posting the link.

I agree thats what his lunchtime links is for but I have to wonder if he actually read the article before posting the link.

At this point, I doubt it. Recruiting is over, spring practice is a month away, not much news for coaching vacancies. This is the part of the year where you pretty much take whatever you can get your hands on for posts like the lunchtime links. No reading required.

I just saw the links I refuse to even read bull like the snot rags these guys produce. What the heck did we ever do to these guys? Is it jealousy? Some sort of deep seeded hate for Iowa in Missouri?

Either way they'll look like complete tools when nothing comes to pass and they speculated that something might maybe happen. It never ceases to amaze me though that these guys still have jobs. I wish I could make the kind of money they do speculating and conjecturing. Easiest job in the world just make up whatever you like and you get paid.

I don't like Dodd but should we really be surprised if 4-7 of the Rhabdo players transferred?

I mean, they've lost some kidney function due to over-strenuous workouts.

It could happen.

I don't like Dodd but should we really be surprised if 4-7 of the Rhabdo players transferred?

I mean, they've lost some kidney function due to over-strenuous workouts.

It could happen.
Who said they have permanent kidney damage? Unless that's what he said in this trash article, which I didn't waste time reading.

Just finally got fed up with Dodd and this crap he is spewing, so did expound to him on his "hard-on" for the Iowa program, to him and to CBS Sports itself. Like it will stop this crap, but boy did it feel good!

Dodd practices hack journalism, if you can even call it journalism. He sets up a straw man --his speculation that there could be players transferring -- then builds an entire 1,300-word column around it.

Problem is there is not one scintilla of evidence -- not one -- that any of the 13 players is even considering transferring AS A RESULT OF RHABDO, and the entire piece collapses as a result. It's a flawed premise.

I would opine that Dodd would be crucified in court, but any legal action dealing with this column would not even get to that point as it would be settled quickly by Dodd and the other defendants at CBS after his sloppy "journalism" gets torn apart during discovery.

This piece is total equine waste. I seriously hope his editors at CBSSports.com review it and take appropriate action. I'm holding my breath, not because I expect that they will, but because Dodd's excrement stinks so badly.

Last edited:

Latest posts