Mass Iowa Football Transfers? Dodd at it again...

What needs to be done is for another national writer is to respond in kind come next fall if/when ZERO players transfer. I do mean ZERO. Otherwise any player leaving could be leaving because of rhabdo.

I think tweeting plenty of appropriate headlines involving "Such and such COULD be next stain for Dodds" will make me happy for awhile..

jon, perhaps you could write a detailed feature that would hypothesize what would happen to Dennis Dodd if, AND ONLY IF he were arrested for having sex with farm animals?

Not very believable , there isn't a farm animal in the country with self esteem low enough to have sex with Dudd.

Can anyone actually prove Dennis Dodd has a degree in Journalism? I mean, he says so in his bio but can anyone actually prove that? He provides no evidence in any of his writings. I say we start our own "birther" movement where we demand Dodd prove he has a degree in Journalism. I'm seriously thinking he doesn't, and he has been lying from day one.

Aside from that, it's nice to know that one of the leading members of the FWAA uses this kind of objectivity when he votes for All American seletions, Outland Awards, Nagurski Trophies, etc. Here's another idea for Mr. Dodd...why doen't he supply the public with his award voting record for the past 10-15 years while he served on the FWAA. I think we are more entitled to that than he is to information about the players at Iowa.

Last edited:
If what Dodd writes bothers you, stop reading. It's not difficult. Instead, you all read his articles, and get ****** off, and add fuel to the fire. Remember, in the media there is no such thing as hate mail, every email/tweet acknowledges that you read what he wrote and got emotional. He wins, you lose. Be the bigger person and shut up.

If what Dodd writes bothers you, stop reading. It's not difficult. Instead, you all read his articles, and get ****** off, and add fuel to the fire. Remember, in the media there is no such thing as hate mail, every email/tweet acknowledges that you read what he wrote and got emotional. He wins, you lose. Be the bigger person and shut up.

if his readers start boycotting their website and advertisers, the masses can certainly affect some things

Here's my question. Why are we giving this guy ANY attention. Not saying that he'll go away if we ignore him, but why are we wasting even a second on him?

If it's a real story, I'll wait till an actual article comes out somewhere with some real sources.

It's interesting that he didn't send the link out via his own twitter account. the general CBS football twitter account sent it out.

if his readers start boycotting their website and advertisers, the masses can certainly affect some things

I'll believe it when I see it. Every time he writes something negative about Iowa, the link gets posted here, as well as every other Iowa message board, and people go crazy. He's got some of you by the balls.

I read a report on Twitter that Dodd assaulted Mrs. Beakley from Ducktales. No sources were named, but I have to believe it's true.

I actually don't have as much of a problem with the article as I do with the headline. The headline makes it sound as if mass transfers are definitely happening and could be a hit to Ferentz, etc. After scanning the article I believe it essentially states that if players transferred they could be allowed to play right away depending on the results from the investigation -- according to one guy Dodd talked with. Good info to know, actually.

Where the dirty business happens in the headline is with the word "could." By using "could," the author of the headline can have the full impact of a shock headline while also having the ability to claim it was all hypothetical later if it never happens.

The problem is that a headline should reflect what is in the story. It should not be an only partially related hypothetical to get people worked up to read that story.

That's where the offense takes place, and Dodd and CBS really should have more integrity than that. Of course, as we already know from this thread and from previous instances, we know integrity is not their strong suit. I would agree that the best strategy would be to not reward this sort of behavior with page views.

I actually don't have as much of a problem with the article as I do with the headline. The headline makes it sound as if mass transfers are definitely happening and could be a hit to Ferentz, etc. After scanning the article I believe it essentially states that if players transferred they could be allowed to play right away depending on the results from the investigation -- according to one guy Dodd talked with. Good info to know, actually.

Where the dirty business happens in the headline is with the word "could." By using "could," the author of the headline can have the full impact of a shock headline while also having the ability to claim it was all hypothetical later if it never happens.

The problem is that a headline should reflect what is in the story. It should not be an only partially related hypothetical to get people worked up to read that story.

That's where the offense takes place, and Dodd and CBS really should have more integrity than that. Of course, as we already know from this thread and from previous instances, we know integrity is not their strong suit. I would agree that the best strategy would be to not reward this sort of behavior with page views.

Sure, it's good info to know......if anyone was actually planning to transfer. He has no idea if anyone is transferring, yet he writes this. This information really isn't relevant unless someone is considering a transfer (and he knows about it). All it does is serve to create a story.

I'll believe it when I see it. Every time he writes something negative about Iowa, the link gets posted here, as well as every other Iowa message board, and people go crazy. He's got some of you by the balls.

And yet, people want to start a game of Global Thermo Nuclear War with him. The only way to win is not to play.

Look, Google "Glenn Beck raped and murdered a young girl in 1990" if you honestly think Tweeting libelous misinformation about Dodd will shut him up. It wont. The only way to win is not to play.

Is that James Vanderbeeken in your profile pic IowaFarmGirl??? Sorry but you instantly lose credibility with that one.

And yet, people want to start a game of Global Thermo Nuclear War with him. The only way to win is not to play.

Look, Google "Glenn Beck raped and murdered a young girl in 1990" if you honestly think Tweeting libelous misinformation about Dodd will shut him up. It wont. The only way to win is not to play.

Thank you JOSHUA

Latest posts