Martin OK'd

NCAA deciding waivers:

giphy3.gif

And our governments (all levels) aren't littered with corrupt, inept, and unaccountable buffoons?
Well ... there is a littering of corrupt people because they are unaccountable.

But if they get caught then they are called inept because we can’t tolerate the idea of corrupt representatives or bureaucrats.

Talked to my person again today, he says he has no idea why it hasn't been announced yet but stands by what he said before, that OM told him he was cleared. Said maybe OM told him before based on what his lawyer told him. I also floated the theory that there may be some hoops that have to be jumped through before it can be made official and he agreed that was possible. Not sure what to think at this point, but the original piece of info stands: OM told his inner circle that he was going to play this fall. Could he have just been boasting? I don't know OM personally so I can't weigh in on that.
Remember when Martin played at the fish under the sea dance... I mean the enchantment under the sea dance?

JbP7.gif

"The final word came Wednesday morning from the Big Ten Conference, five days after initial approval came from the NCAA, according to a source with direct knowledge of the process."

Does this mean Ghawk was spot on? Nice work Ghawk!

"The final word came Wednesday morning from the Big Ten Conference, five days after initial approval came from the NCAA, according to a source with direct knowledge of the process."

Looks like it.

Gee whiz, I guess it was never a rumor at all.

I think it's a pretty safe bet when a guy with over a 1000 posts, who isn't known for throwing out garbage, let's you in on a "secret". I didn't recognize the OP, so I didn't know what to think when he said it. But when Ree4 confirmed, I was pretty much certain it was true. Not just because of Ree4, but there were a couple well known and well liked guys on another board who also "knew" it was true. There was way too much smoke there. Thanks for the inside info guys.

Talked to my person again today, he says he has no idea why it hasn't been announced yet but stands by what he said before, that OM told him he was cleared. Said maybe OM told him before based on what his lawyer told him. I also floated the theory that there may be some hoops that have to be jumped through before it can be made official and he agreed that was possible. Not sure what to think at this point, but the original piece of info stands: OM told his inner circle that he was going to play this fall. Could he have just been boasting? I don't know OM personally so I can't weigh in on that.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. It sure looks like all signs are pointing in the eligibile column.

Then it begs the questuon, do we know what to do with it? Do we scrap the 2 TE sets we have been using in the past because of lack of playmakers at that position? Do we see some 3 and dare I say 4 WR sets? I think it is a valid question to ask who are the best players between Smith, ISM, Martin, Ragaini/Tracy, any of the TE's and FB's. What do we have to do in order to get defenders out of the box so that our RB's have soom room and keep pressure off of Stanley? Those are a few things I am really interested to see unfold.

Thanks pootspot. I knew the info was right. Where I was wrong was with the Big10. We figured it would rubber stamp the NCAA decision and it would be announced Monday. Never thought they would sit on it for 5 days.
People at Iowa knew of the NCAA decision, too.

Latest posts