Martin commits to Michigan

I don't see this as a big deal. I never thought he would be with us. It was pretty easy to see that. We got in late and our offense really isn't built on a passing game. We are what we are until we get a new coach. That's not saying I am not a KF supporter but we are so predictable.

I figured if he hadn't committed to Iowa by now, he was never going to. Can't blame him, look how bad our passing game was last year, Iowa fires the Receivers coach. Also, maybe he wanted to go somewhere different and get away from IC.

would you consider this Brian Ferentz first failure as our OC for not getting Martin?

Nah. Give Lil Ferentz a break. He's dragging around a ball and chain and it ain't his wife.

Relax. Deano said it was an awesome hire and well deserved.
Or maybe he said no one was more deserving?
Or maybe he said no one was more qualified?
Perfect fit??
Hell I don't remember exactly but in Deano We Trust.

What a jerk move on his part. A lot of kids these days just can't good decisions. If he washes out up there they will throw him under the bus. Now that he won't be welcome back to his home state, the state that supported him, he and his family won't have any support. He had a great opportunity to continue his success, but now he's up there with a bunch of other jerks that could care less about him if he's not catching a pass. If he gets a major injury they will boot him so fast his head will spin. At Iowa he would be supported one way or the other. Tim Dwight stayed here, had success in college, the NFL, and now is a successful businessman because he stayed in state.

In Deano We Trust.

I agree, this is gonna join my sig line, thanks.

But back to the Brian hire. He is most certainly qualified. He isn't a crusty old re tread, don't worry we are hiring one of those crusty old re treads come Friday, and you can love on him.

Who is ever the most "deserving" of a job? Nobody "deserves" anything in life, you earn it. Fact is Brain would have been further up the ladder quicker if he went the non Iowa route......typical KF moving at a slow plodding pace kept Brian stuck at OC, when many others would have elevated him quicker. Either way there is nothing "deserving" about Brain getting the job, he simply earned the job.

Last edited:
He wasn't a Hawkeye fan. A Hawkeye fan would have gone to Iowa. Say how much better Michigan is for receivers..great...scared of a challenge, not a Hawkeye.

that is all

Would like to be upset a hometown kid didn't sign with Iowa. However, if he's as good as the rankings say, why would he want to play for a passing offense as poor as Iowa's? We all know how mind numbingly boring KF's philosophy is on the offensive side of the ball.

If I were the top WR in the state of Iowa, the present day Hawks is the first place I'd stay away from.

Good luck to Martin.

Latest posts