Marion Permanently Dismissed from Iowa Wrestling

This makes me sick to stomach that this HAD to go down this way. I might add I agree 100% with what the University did. Hopefully Montell learns from this and moves on in life with and does go in the other direction. His plans are to stay at Iowa and maybe get back to the team some day. Might be wishfull thinking but he needs to have a goal at this time and achieve it. He sounds like he needs some help from somebody and hopefully he gets it!!! I wish him the best and hope he can move on in life on a positive note.
One other thing that really gets me going are statements like "he didn't have to wrestle anybody to get to the finals." Is it his fault that the "higher" seeded wrestlers couldn't get it done? NO!!!! He did what they couldn't and that's the bottom line!!! Please don't degrade his performance on the mat because of this. You cant take that away from him. I might also add that he gave a GREAT speach at the Hawk party and thought he had turned the corner. GOOD LUCK Montell you look as if you will need it!!!!

Marion has had character issues dating back even before college... seemingly always pointing fingers rather than taking responsibility... If I remember correctly Marion was one of two people involved in the mugging of an individual while he was at Roosevelt, this after making a very public transfer from WDM Valley to DSM Roosevelt because of frequent racism...

On another note, it is known to many that Montell was a cocky tool that has finally moved on from annoying to irrelevant.

The best team in the nation is better off without him.

makes it very easy to say... Oh well