Marcus Coker is Gone

What a joke! This staff has serious issues. I like KF but more and more I think it might be time for a change

I don't think this was the choice of the coaching staff was it? I thought this came from the school code of conduct, not a team rules issue. I'm not saying it was right our wrong (I don't know the circumstances) but I don't think this one is the desire or decision of the staff.

Wow! Seems like an epidemic. Coker is good, & I will miss him, but he did leave something to be desired this year. Namely breakaway speed.

Is this typical in major college football today? Do many programs have this issue? Or has Iowa just hit the motherload of bozo running backs that do stupid stuff? Or is there something internal as I'm sure will be assumed by many? Not sure what to think...

Hopefully this makes us an even bigger draw for Akeel Lynch.

THis surely is not good news, and a bit unexpected as well.

Now we know why an announcement about the DC position hasn't been made? Student conduct issues can be exhausting and take a lot of time.

My point wasn't who's fault it was but why can't this staff retain any running backs? it sounded like KF was going to Let him back on the team, why wouldn't he stay? Has to be an underlying problem somewhere. Yes it's not uncommon to lose players but to lose 2 RB's a year is

The quote makes it seem like it is all the university and that it wasn't football related. He is not going to sign up for class, and asked to be released from the football team.

this is a big bummer, just cause the kid seemed like a good egg, not just a good football player.

More attrition. Can't build any kind of continuity, and can't win, if players keep leaving the program constantly. Just ask Todd Lickliter.

Last edited:
Well, at least it is comforting to know that the integrity of the team is intact.

Not sure if this is supposed to be sarcastic or not but I'd rather have a coaching staff with integrity than one that panders to kids, allows them to bend/break rules, and sees the players doing whatever the h(*& they want with a coaching staff that looks the other way like OSU and several SEC schools.

I don't think this was the choice of the coaching staff was it? I thought this came from the school code of conduct, not a team rules issue. I'm not saying it was right our wrong (I don't know the circumstances) but I don't think this one is the desire or decision of the staff.

I'm not going to say that the coaching staff is responsible for Coker's departure, but I'm growing increasingly concerned about the rate at which players are leaving this program.

It's not time to "make a change" as far as the head coach goes, but this attrition has got to stop if KF wants to get things back on track.

Latest posts