Marcus Coker is Gone

I'm not going to say that the coaching staff is responsible for Coker's departure, but I'm growing increasingly concerned about the rate at which players are leaving this program.

It's not time to "make a change" as far as the head coach goes, but this attrition has got to stop if KF wants to get things back on track.

my thinking is exactly in line with this.

Not sure if this is supposed to be sarcastic or not but I'd rather have a coaching staff with integrity than one that panders to kids, allows them to bend/break rules, and sees the players doing whatever the h(*& they want with a coaching staff that looks the other way like OSU and several SEC schools.

This is very true.

I'm not going to say that the coaching staff is responsible for Coker's departure, but I'm growing increasingly concerned about the rate at which players are leaving this program.

It's not time to "make a change" as far as the head coach goes, but this attrition has got to stop if KF wants to get things back on track.

At some point you just need a different voice in there.

a 5-7 season next year and Kirk's seat is going to be awfully warm.

Can we finally all agree that Lester Erb is a disaster! I have been saying it for years. Hope finally you all agree. Leave Lester! Leave!

Running backs are one of the more replacable positions in football. Chill out cause Kirk will get someone in their to carry the rock just fine.

The weird thing is the attrition only seems to be happening at two positions. I believe the DL attrition will most likely be solved by a new DL coach, but it seems that the attrition at RB is just due to stupid decisions by kids.

I don't know any of the details. But the timing and wording on this statement make me suspect the appeal process hit a snag or perhaps more information came to light that made it preferable for all involved to part ways. If anyone knows more information, please feel free to tell me if I'm all wet.

This stinks. Coker was a solid running back and from the outside looking in seemed like a quality kid. I wish him the best. And hope he doesn't turn up on the roster of any opponent.

Can we finally all agree that Lester Erb is a disaster! I have been saying it for years. Hope finally you all agree. Leave Lester! Leave!

Lester Erb ain't the one driving around Neck Moines with dro. Lester Erb ain't the one not making grades. Lester Erb doesn't have a switch he can flip (like on PS3) to turn off injuries.

At some point you just need a different voice in there.

a 5-7 season next year and Kirk's seat is going to be awfully warm.

While I don't think that KF's job is in any immediate danger (meaning in the next 1-2 years at a minimum), I will say that if the attrition continues, the odds of having better than 7-5 seasons the next few years would seem to be fairly slim. If that's the case, KF's seat could start getting hot by 2014-2015 or so (just my guess).

Latest posts