Marcus Coker is Gone

That is too bad and it certainly is frustrating with how many Rbers we have had issues with. Now with that said, and this will be too strong for some…….

Anyone that thinks this is on KF, or unusual to just Iowa is an absolute brain dead moron. I look at Yahoo sports multiple times a day and it is remarkable how many kids at ALL the major programs lose kid after kid after kid!!!!

Go look at the injury reports and what not…….these teams are losing 5, 6, 7, 8 kids a year and that doesn’t even count recruit who never show up, ala the SEC and what not.

Some of the comments in this thread are LOL worthy.

Fire KF!
Clean house!
Lester Erb needs to go!
This has ruined by year!

Please...... you guys need to take a break. I know you all love football and everything, but sometimes one needs to take a step back and just enjoy life.

One player does not make a program. Good lord.

The problem comes in how many players we're having to say that about. :eek::eek::eek:

Lester Erb was the position coach for Douglass, Cleveland, and Bowman. He was reassigned and the attrition at the position stopped. He got moved to RB and Wegher, ARob, Jewel, Pugh, Brinson, Coker and McCall all leave the program. Sometimes players need a mentor or roll model. This guy clearly isn't it.

Attrition at WR stopped? Oh my, I must have forgotten about DJK's high profile arrest right before a bowl game last year. Phil Parker was the coach of the defensive backs who got arrested for a pretty bad crime, I guess he is unfit to coach, too.

Something is seriously wrong with this program. And it starts at the top.

Nope. We can debate clock management and predictable offenses and taking knees and offensive coordinators, but what have you ever seen with this program that makes you question Ferentz's approach in guiding his players down the right path in their development as young adults?

That's at least one aspect that makes Ferentz and his program so easy to cheer for.

Some of the comments in this thread are LOL worthy.

Fire KF!
Clean house!
Lester Erb needs to go!
This has ruined by year!

Please...... you guys need to take a break. I know you all love football and everything, but sometimes one needs to take a step back and just enjoy life.

One player does not make a program. Good lord.

But does losing 5 straight RBs make a good program? Seriously? It is not one RB. It is a position coach that has lost every top player he has had at the position he coaches for 6 straight years!

So who can I point fingers at? I need to blame someone and my girlfriend isn't going to understand why I'm yelling and crying at the same time

Don't get me wrong, I like Coker and think he is a good back, but Meyer isn't taking on a RB that had the lowest YPC average in the conference.

Yeah a big part of that is lousy O-Line play. Reiff had a terrible year (still can't believe he's on the top 10 draft board), probably a lot to do with supporting the rest of our undersized lineman.

Lester Erb ain't the one driving around Neck Moines with dro. Lester Erb ain't the one not making grades. Lester Erb doesn't have a switch he can flip (like on PS3) to turn off injuries.

I've also heard from that Lester has a lot of credibility in the Chicago market for recruiting (this from a HS coach in the area). To lend some credibility, this coach was recruited for the new Illini staff to poach from the same Chicagoland market.

...OK4P is correct, it's not Lester...

But does losing 5 straight RBs make a good program? Seriously? It is not one RB. It is a position coach that has lost every top player he has had at the position he coaches for 6 straight years!

I don't think anyone disputes the problem exists at the position, but I'm not sure which ones you lay at the doorstep of the coaches?

Wehger? No, Robinson? Maybe, but I don't know how many people object to this one, McCall? Maybe, don't know all details, Coker? Same, Hampton? Maybe. Again the issue exists, but the cause hardly seems conclusive or consistent.

Agree. There is a common demonator here and that is the coaching staff whether it's KF or lousy KOK/Lester Erb.

Just wait til Jake Ruddock actually realizes how limited the playbook is, sees that the coaches are limiting his talent and calls for a transfer.

I've also heard from that Lester has a lot of credibility in the Chicago market for recruiting (this from a HS coach in the area). To lend some credibility, this coach was recruited for the new Illini staff to poach from the same Chicagoland market.

...OK4P is correct, it's not Lester...

Do you really think it should be hard for Iowa to recruit Illinois? Seriously? That is the biggest load of crap there is! So sick of people touting that he pulls in recruits from our backyard!

Latest posts