Marcel Joly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are plenty of folks who view it what way. And I'm not saying they're wrong. I'm also not saying they're right. I just don't know.

I agree that the NFL guys are the ones who legitimized the cause in the court of public opinion. I just don't think that means, for me, that I can dismiss the other stories. Again, I don't know.

Joly and Fleming graduated from Iowa. Heck, Jack Kallenberger's allegation against Wallace was as heartbreaking as any I heard or read.

I'm really hoping we get some answers from this investigation. But, again, it may end up being who each of us chooses to believe in a he-said, he-said.

If the investigation ends with a lot of he-said, he-said and unverified accusations are you going to accept that outcome? It's clear to me that you believe Seth Wallace should be dismissed and just insinuated that BF has a Twitter burner account. Do you believe more people need to lose their jobs or will you accept if the investigation doesn't warrant that?

If the investigation ends with a lot of he-said, he-said and unverified accusations are you going to accept that outcome? It's clear to me that you believe Seth Wallace should be dismissed and just insinuated that BF has a Twitter burner account. Do you believe more people need to lose their jobs or will you accept if the investigation doesn't warrant that?
It's not fair to ask that question of someone without answering it yourself.

If the results of the investigation turn out to be damning for the U of I and it concludes that KF, BF, Wallace, and Doyle are guilty of pervasive racist behavior and bullying, "are you going to accept that outcome?"

You asked a yes/no hypothetical, can you answer one yourself?

It's not fair to ask that question of someone without answering it yourself.

If the results of the investigation turn out to be damning for the U of I and it concludes that KF, BF, Wallace, and Doyle are guilty of pervasive racist behavior and bullying, "are you going to accept that outcome?"

You asked a yes/no hypothetical, can you answer one yourself?

I will accept that, it's an independent investigation so I would anticipate it could be conducted without bias.
I don't see where that's a possible outcome though, at least in terms of KF, BF, and Wallace.
I see this more of a bullying problem than a race issue. Most people would agree that the worst story was Jack Kallenberger's, he's white. The Washed Up Walkon's debunked several claims, and stated they experienced the same treatment from Doyle. Morrow's story of sending him back to the 'ghetto' was misquoted by himself, Doyle said his hometown, and he interpreted that to mean the ghetto. I'm not here to defend Doyle, I think he was rightfully let go but I also don't recall a story and interpreted him as being a racist. He is demanding, and dipped his toes in being demeaning on several occasions.
DJK and Marcel Joly really aren't even worth addressing, nor is AK's ski mask 'incident' which is not racist. If you go back and read Sharonda Phelps quotes after AK's senior year (prior to the draft) she couldn't have spoke more glowingly about the Iowa staff, she's clearly bitter about AK not being drafted and looking to assign blame. In terms of oppressing black culture, KF runs his program as one that is of Higher Education. Most of these players aren't going to the NFL, he's preparing them for life after football by not allowing wife beaters to be worn, backwards hats, earrings etc. that aren't going to be allowed in the workforce at your desk job.
Really, my one problem is that the Iowa program gives out an ANF award, usually to a white farm kid from Iowa. It's tone deaf to not give out a Duke Slater award or something, which is given to someone of color. Much of the quotes that I've read don't even have racial implications, and I'm sure many white people experienced at Iowa as stated in the Washed Up Walkon's podcast, which again goes back to my point of bullying (very common in football). However, white players can't rush to the programs defense out of being fearful for then being labeled a racist, and black people can't either because then you're an Uncle Tom or against the movement. The backlash isn't worth it.

I will accept that, it's an independent investigation so I would anticipate it could be conducted without bias.
I don't see where that's a possible outcome though, at least in terms of KF, BF, and Wallace.
I see this more of a bullying problem than a race issue. Most people would agree that the worst story was Jack Kallenberger's, he's white. The Washed Up Walkon's debunked several claims, and stated they experienced the same treatment from Doyle. Morrow's story of sending him back to the 'ghetto' was misquoted by himself, Doyle said his hometown, and he interpreted that to mean the ghetto. I'm not here to defend Doyle, I think he was rightfully let go but I also don't recall a story and interpreted him as being a racist. He is demanding, and dipped his toes in being demeaning on several occasions.
DJK and Marcel Joly really aren't even worth addressing, nor is AK's ski mask 'incident' which is not racist. If you go back and read Sharonda Phelps quotes after AK's senior year (prior to the draft) she couldn't have spoke more glowingly about the Iowa staff, she's clearly bitter about AK not being drafted and looking to assign blame. In terms of oppressing black culture, KF runs his program as one that is of Higher Education. Most of these players aren't going to the NFL, he's preparing them for life after football by not allowing wife beaters to be worn, backwards hats, earrings etc. that aren't going to be allowed in the workforce at your desk job.
Really, my one problem is that the Iowa program gives out an ANF award, usually to a white farm kid from Iowa. It's tone deaf to not give out a Duke Slater award or something, which is given to someone of color. Much of the quotes that I've read don't even have racial implications, and I'm sure many white people experienced at Iowa as stated in the Washed Up Walkon's podcast, which again goes back to my point of bullying (very common in football). However, white players can't rush to the programs defense out of being fearful for then being labeled a racist, and black people can't either because then you're an Uncle Tom or against the movement. The backlash isn't worth it.
So...you can't answer a yes/no question that you yourself asked without a long qualification saying that the outcome isn't possible...

Got it. Lol. And you expect @RobHowe to answer that honestly then?

Can we get a yes/no answer from you? If the results of the investigation turn out to be damning for the U of I and it concludes that KF, BF, Wallace, and Doyle are guilty of pervasive racist behavior and bullying, "are you going to accept that outcome?"

So...you can't answer a yes/no question that you yourself asked without a clarification saying that the outcome isn't possible...

Got it. Lol.

Can we get a yes/no answer from you? If the results of the investigation turn out to be damning for the U of I and it concludes that KF, BF, Wallace, and Doyle are guilty of pervasive racist behavior and bullying, "are you going to accept that outcome?"
"I will accept that outcome."

He can answer your question, AND still think it's an unlikely outcome. If aliens showed up on my doorstep tomorrow, I'd accept it. Still don't think it's gonna happen.

He can answer your question, AND still think it's an unlikely outcome. If aliens showed up on my doorstep tomorrow, I'd accept it. Still don't think it's gonna happen.
He was obviously bating Rob into a yes/no, absolute answer, and if you can't see that I don't know what I can say.

And he didn't say it was unlikely, he said it wasn't possible. Which pretty much makes it a rhetorical question at that point trying to trap someone into answering but not being willing to do that same. 3rd grade level debate.

So...you can't answer a yes/no question that you yourself asked without a long qualification saying that the outcome isn't possible...

Got it. Lol. And you expect @RobHowe to answer that honestly then?

I literally started my response by stating "I will accept that" do I really need to translate that for you?

My issue isn't with his opinion, it's about baiting someone into a yes or no when he himself isn't willing to answer the same way. It's cowardly.

He was obviously bating Rob into a yes/no, absolute answer, and if you can't see that I don't know what I can say.

And he didn't say it was unlikely, he said it wasn't possible. Which pretty much makes it a rhetorical question at that point trying to trap someone into answering but not being willing to do that same. 3rd grade level debate.

"I don't see where that's a possible outcome" is not an absolute. You might want to sit this one out.

You said you'd accept it but it's impossible. Doesn't work that way, but whatever. Enjoy :)
Again, stating where I can't envision an outcome doesn't rule out the possibility.
I couldn't envision a scenario where Iowa would beat Ohio State 55-24...

@RobHowe Bump

I didn’t insinuate BF had a burner. I wanted to draw attention to a rogue account impersonating him. Where did I say Wallace should be fired? I’ve said multiple times I’m looking forward to the investigation report. When I read it, I’ll let you know what I think of it.

I didn’t insinuate BF had a burner. I wanted to draw attention to a rogue account impersonating him. Where did I say Wallace should be fired? I’ve said multiple times I’m looking forward to the investigation report. When I read it, I’ll let you know what I think of it.
The account wasn't impersonating him, it was mocking the idea that some people on Twitter genuinely do believe it's Brian or another coach.

The account wasn't impersonating him, it was mocking the idea that some people on Twitter genuinely do believe it's Brian or another coach.

that’s a dangerous game. I just saw the tweet today because I muted that account. Today I blocked it. Started this month and attacks former players and media members. Seems legit.

I believe on KXNO or a HawkeyeNation podcast with Andrew Downs you said something to the effect of 'you can't have someone like that representing the university' in reference to Jack Kallenberger's claim regarding Seth Wallace. Also, why is it so hard to say you'd accept a non-bias legal recommendation? Isn't "when I read it, I'll let you know what I think of it" just another way of saying I'll agree with the non-bias recommendation if it fits my narrative? Reserving opinion before having all of the facts (or any facts) hasn't stopped you in the past and you've already researched whether there are any conflicts of interest in the two investigators...

that’s a dangerous game. I just saw the tweet today because I muted that account. Today I blocked it. Started this month and attacks former players and media members. Seems legit.
It's clearly a burner, but what seems legit? That it's Brian or an assistant coach?

I believe on KXNO or a HawkeyeNation podcast with Andrew Downs you said something to the effect of 'you can't have someone like that representing the university' in reference to Jack Kallenberger's claim regarding Seth Wallace. Also, why is it so hard to say you'd accept a non-bias legal recommendation? Isn't "when I read it, I'll let you know what I think of it" just another way of saying I'll agree with the non-bias recommendation if it fits my narrative? Reserving opinion before having all of the facts (or any facts) hasn't stopped you in the past and you've already researched whether there are any conflicts of interest in the two investigators...
Pretty sure we’ve found JadeMichael.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts