Marcel Joly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go on and read about racial aspects. The question is did the complainant feel threatened within reason.
Said aspects only come into play when determining whether or not an assault is a hate crime, not a crime of its own. So one of the three conditions I listed has to have been met first. Which they have not.

Sorry you can't defend your outlandish claim without evidence, so you get defensive/snarky. Must be a day that ends in y.

Said aspects only come into play when determining whether or not an assault is a hate crime, not a crime of its own. So one of the three conditions I listed has to have been met first. Which they have not.

Sorry you can't defend your outlandish claim without evidence, so you get defensive/snarky. Must be a day that ends in y.

Dude, you just don't quit. Anyway, this could easily get to the Iowa Human Rights Commission. That would be interesting.

Back to the criminal part. Never said a conviction could be reached, but there could be charges based on the law.

To back to 1950 if that will make you feel better.

Go back to the progression of civil rights laws. Eventually the behavior exhibited by Iowa staff will easily be a federal crime.

Why do you hate blacks so much?

Dude, you just don't quit. Anyway, this could easily get to the Iowa Human Rights Commission. That would be interesting.

Back to the criminal part. Never said a conviction could be reached, but there could be charges based on the law.

To back to 1950 if that will make you feel better.

Go back to the progression of civil rights laws. Eventually the behavior exhibited by Iowa staff will easily be a federal crime.

Why do you hate blacks so much?
Why do you assume I'm racist just because you cannot defend your accusation that any of the allegations meet the threshold for assault?

Talk about a total non-sequiter. Desperation is a bad look on you.

Why do you assume I'm racist just because you cannot defend your accusation that any of the allegations meet the threshold for assault?

Talk about a total non-sequiter. Desperation is a bad look on you.

You should be outraged by what occurred. If you aren't then you are. With what these guys went through, unless KF was totally oblivious he knew AND he prevented the players from seeking remedy from racial harassment.

So where are you on that? There is no middle ground. It was terrible and if you don't see it that way there is no other way to describe what you are. It's human decency.

You should be outraged by what occurred. If you aren't then you are. With what these guys went through, unless KF was totally oblivious he knew AND he prevented the players from seeking remedy from racial harassment.

So where are you on that? There is no middle ground. It was terrible and if you don't see it that way there is no other way to describe what you are. It's human decency.
There you go again.

ad ho·mi·nem
/ˌad ˈhämənəm/

adjective
  1. (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

It is certainly possible to believe that what many black players at Iowa endured was unjust, while also thinking that what occurred is not the travesty you make it out to be, especially considering the dubious nature of some allegations.

What about all of the players who are adamant that KF did not know, could not have known, and is not a problem? That was a common theme with all of the allegations.

There you go again.

ad ho·mi·nem
/ˌad ˈhämənəm/

adjective
  1. (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

It is certainly possible to believe that what many black players at Iowa endured was unjust, while also thinking that what occurred is not the travesty you make it out to be, especially considering the dubious nature of some allegations.

What about all of the players who are adamant that KF did not know, could not have known, and is not a problem? That was a common theme with all of the allegations.

I will continue to do so until all men are created and begin life equal. I would rather "go again" on human decency that staying with the same racist to ambivalent status quo. Which would you rather be when you meet your maker?

I will continue to do so until all men are created and begin life equal. I would rather "go again" on human decency that staying with the same racist to ambivalent status quo. Which would you rather be when you meet your maker?
You keep talking and using big words without actually saying anything.

You're anti-racism. Good for you. So are the vast majority of people. Want a cookie?

I pointed out that your claims that there was assault charges hold no water, and that there is such a thing as nuance.

In response, you threw a shitfit accusing me of being racist.

You keep talking and using big words without actually saying anything.

You're anti-racism. Good for you. So are the vast majority of people. Want a cookie?

I pointed out that your claims that there was assault charges hold no water, and that there is such a thing as nuance.

In response, you threw a shitfit accusing me of being racist.

I do know where you were going with it. That is apparent. Go ahead and be ambivalent.It's the expendient thing to do.

Okay, keep sidestepping the point that you had no argument. Pretty in-character for you.

You were wrong. It could be chargeable. The local county Attorney is likely afraid of things about his job and life status to make a difference.

giphy.gif

I know you know how to read.
And I know you know how to deflect.

The racial charges you speak of pertain to hate crimes. Hate crimes (in this instance) require assault to be committed. Assault is not described in any of the allegations levied towards the Iowa staff.

And I know you know how to deflect.

The racial charges you speak of pertain to hate crimes. Hate crimes (in this instance) require assault to be committed. Assault is not described in any of the allegations levied towards the Iowa staff.

You do not have to hit someone for assault or touch them. Think really hard, I know you can. Was intimidation involved in any of this and posturing?

You do not have to hit someone for assault or touch them. Think really hard, I know you can. Was intimidation involved in any of this and posturing?
I have asked you several times now to name said incident(s), since none of the ones I can find meet that threshold.

Go on. Enlighten me.

KF stated that he was not aware of racism in the program. As a person who was head of a medium to large organization, I can tell you that you may be surprised at how many elements you may not be aware of, both good and bad. I am not a big fan of statements like, “He must have known!” How the hell would we know? Guilty by reason of Twitter, I guess. Or HN posters.

KF stated that he was not aware of racism in the program. As a person who was head of a medium to large organization, I can tell you that you may be surprised at how many elements you may not be aware of, both good and bad. I am not a big fan of statements like, “He must have known!” How the hell would we know? Guilty by reason of Twitter, I guess. Or HN posters.

We are using the word “racist” far too loosely IMO. Much of what has come out have no racial tones whatsoever. Anyone who believes this doesn’t go on at other universities, and often to a larger degree, is very naive. I find it laughable that any type of legal action is being discussed based on everything I know and stories I have read.

It is pretty clear that there was a disconnect somewhere. Being oblivious to it is a problem and if he did know it is a bigger problem. I do not know what is what, but it is on his watch, so there are no excuses. None.

Like I said I totally understand where your coming from. You see it as soft, where I see it as a coach losing control.

I’m no fan of Brian Ferentz or Kirk either for that matter, but I can tell you unequivocally that getting upset about Brian Ferentz for kicking a trash can or for any Iowa coach yelling at a college athlete might be the single dumbest thing I’ve ever heard of and I’ve been coming to boards like this since they were invented. You clearly didn’t play one season of organized athletics at any level whatsoever. Coaches yell in jr high. In high school it is off the charts. In college, you have zero idea what goes on. And I mean everywhere. At all levels. I think KF is a very mediocre football coach that has had several key assistants surrounding him and very low expectations and occasional overrated on the field accomplishments. But he’s off the charts in terms of loyalty and how he cares about his players and their families. And that includes all races. He does have a bias towards a work ethic expectation and how a person should conduct their business day in and day out. And clearly, he should have been more aware of what is going on in and around his program. At the end of the day, everything falls at his feet. That’s why he’s the $8 mill/yr man. It may come down to choosing between his own son and himself in the end and Brian getting hired is long gone regardless. My guess is, we’ll see Brian back in an NFL ass’t role soon with KF announcing him and Gary having another year or two. With Brian out of the picture, there won’t be a great need or desire to stick around for more of this.

Kirk dodged a bullet a few years ago and I wanted him gone back then as it was long past time. But I don’t feel he deserves what is happening now and find the witch hunt particularly distasteful and an incredibly bad look and statement for our society

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts