Make your prediction: who is first new Big Ten team?

Nebraska
Missouri
Rutgers

I don't want Rutgers, but if Notre Dame says "no thanks" (and they will), the Big 10 will need another athletic patsy to balance out adding Nebraska and Mizzou.

Once the Big 12 implodes and the dominoes start to fall...Notre Dame will come begging to the Big 10. They will be the 15th team and Pitt the 16th.

That's why I think they'll invite EITHER Nebraska or Mizzou, getting to 12. Then if ND says no, we still get a championship game. If they say yes, then we bring in Mizzou, too.

+1, not sure which out of the two. I think its a toss up but I'll go with NE

I think it will be neb and mo, then rutgers and either pitt or uconn, after the big east and big 12 is destroyed then and only then will notre dame be forced to act. Notre Dame hasnt been good at anything in the last 15 years but everyone loves them for their tradition, past success, and national following. What happens in the future when fans under forty could care less about Notre Dame?

If we are going to ruin the Big Ten with 16 schools why not go to 20 and include Isu,kansas,ksu and colorado or baylor, then you would have a big ten west and a big ten east.

big ten west
hawks
clones
tigers
huskers
jayhawks
wildcats
gophers
buffs
gophers
badgers
ill

big ten east

psu
rutgers
pitt
ohio state
indy
purdue
nd
msu
michigan
northwestern

It depends on the scenario but...as a chancellor of a Big10 conference going to 14 or 16 teams and assuming Texas isn't interested, I want to invite Maryland first. That seals up a research university within close proximity to Washington DC which is where the research dollars are handed out and its also a major tv market. Win-win. Who cares about the 10s of thousands in costs of sports teams traveling to Maryland if it means billions(with a "b") in new research grants and millions in BTN revenues.

Missouri and Nebraska are who everyone is talking about which tells me they are probably last on the list of hopefuls.

If we get Notre Dame, we don't need Rutgers--we get NYC, and LA, and Dallas, and...

We take Notre Dame, Nebraska, Missouri. Then Kansas (just for the basketball). Then team X from the sunbelt.

If we're taking Notre Dame and Nebbie for their football tradition, we'll take KU for its basketball tradition.

The reason i asked is because most clone fans i know are rooting for ND and thats it so the Big 12 stays together.

I too am hoping for ND to go to the Big 10 and the Big 10 is satisfied with that.

Preference 1: ISU gets into the Big 10 somehow
Preference 2: ND goes to Big 10 and the Big 12 stays in place
Preference 3: Nebraska and Missouri leave and the Big 12 picks up 2/4/6 schools and goes on still standing.

Then I have another 5 preferences that I would be satisfied with. After that it is doom and gloom.

Shocker special.

Big Ten gets Oklahoma then Nebraska. If that doesn't happen then Nebraska...

pnjfztinpky-r2px62-cci-aaaaaaaacjk-krmwu-vjrde-s1600-shocker-35838.jpg

Mission Accomplished

This one is to look back on

While I think Notre Dame is talking with Big ten, I think the league has had to let Nebraska know something

I think the Cornhuskers will get a Big Ten invite this week and could be announced as early as next week. Then Missouri would follow after that.

And the Big 12 is over

now, time for your pick
What if ND says they will join if no other teams are added? Would the Big Ten really stop at just one team (ND) and call it good? I don't see that happening but just a question.

Nebraska and Missouri as a package deal, plus one new TV market team (Maryland, Rutgers or GTech) to make 14.

Notre Dame is too caught up in pride and nostalgia to seize the opportunity it has. Irish fill their indy schedule with any schools they can find outside the power conferences.

Mizzou , Nebraska, Pitt, Rutgers are all members of the coveted "American Assoc of Univ." Notre Dame is not (won't matter) but I would guess all of these schools will commit to the new "Big 16" with Nebraska and Mizzou being the first and the others trickling in over the next 6 months. I think the plan is already laid and those schools are just readying themselves for the media frenzy to come and how to deal with the old ties.

Notre Dame will wait to see how the rest of the conferences shake up before accepting an invite, although I do expect to see ND cave in. But the first team in has to be Nebraska.

you've been reading Frank the Tank ... or you have the same sources?

This one is to look back on

While I think Notre Dame is talking with Big ten, I think the league has had to let Nebraska know something

I think the Cornhuskers will get a Big Ten invite this week and could be announced as early as next week. Then Missouri would follow after that.

And the Big 12 is over

now, time for your pick

I agree, I hope it is ND ...
but think it will be Nebraska, and it will be on or before the 15th