Make your prediction: who is first new Big Ten team?

Did some of you miss the title of the thread? The title is who is the first NEW Big Ten team. It doesn't matter who's offered first, the question asks who is the first to accept and become apart of the conference.

Did some of you miss the title of the thread? The title is who is the first NEW Big Ten team. It doesn't matter who's offered first, the question asks who is the first to accept and become apart of the conference.

Well both Nebraska and Mizzou are expected to take the Big Ten's offer as soon as it comes, so in their case you're simply arguing semantics.

OK fine, Columbia is closer to Chicago so I expect them to receive their telegram sooner so it will be them.

Last edited:
Thinking with your head or your heart on that one?

I'm guessing thinking with both.

ND makes the most sense for the entire college football landscape. I know I'm hopeful they are the first (and ONLY) Big 10 invite/new member...as a Cyclone fan first and college football fan second.

The long term impacts of these alleged Super Conferences aren't good for anybody but the "richest of the rich".

I really think we're headed for 14...NU, Mizzou, and...ND!! I think Notre Dame is going to listen this time around at least.

All the correct guesses are taken, so I'll go out on a limb...

B16 TEN will shock the college football world by inviting... get ready for it... FLORIDA. Then the UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA.

Makes perfect sense to me!

Thinking with your head or your heart on that one?

My head. My heart would say Iowa St. ND needs to realize that the college football train is getting ready to depart with or without them. If they don't go then the Big 10 and Pac 10 could start the superconferences with the SEC and ACC needing to follow suit in some form. Do you think that ND would rather be in the ACC or Big 10?

Notre Dame will be the first. Delany will let them know ahead of time that Nebraska and Missouri have invites and will be new members. With the fall of the B12 Notre Dame just can’t stand or afford to be left out of one of the new Super Conferences being form and joins the B10.

In one day Delany will have created the first new Super Conference, blown up the B12 and the bazillion dollar dream that Texas had of the Longhorn Network. Watch your back Jim.

Notre Dame will be the first to join. After that Nebraska and Missouri will stay put in the BigXII, though Colorado will break ties and join the Pac-10.

I laid out the scenario that I think will happen in another thread but the first domino is going to be Nebraska & Mizzou.

I don't see a scenario that ND is the 12th team. It'll be much easier for them to sell this move if they are the 14th or 16th team and they can say they had no choice.

My head. My heart would say Iowa St. ND needs to realize that the college football train is getting ready to depart with or without them. If they don't go then the Big 10 and Pac 10 could start the superconferences with the SEC and ACC needing to follow suit in some form. Do you think that ND would rather be in the ACC or Big 10?

The reason i asked is because most clone fans i know are rooting for ND and thats it so the Big 12 stays together.

Missouri and Nebraska at the same time. Followed by ND or an eastern school sometime in the near future to make it 14.

I can see the Big Ten expanding to 16 before the end of the year by adding more eastern schools.

Latest posts