Make your prediction: who is first new Big Ten team?

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
This one is to look back on

While I think Notre Dame is talking with Big ten, I think the league has had to let Nebraska know something

I think the Cornhuskers will get a Big Ten invite this week and could be announced as early as next week. Then Missouri would follow after that.

And the Big 12 is over

now, time for your pick

This one is to look back on

While I think Notre Dame is talking with Big ten, I think the league has had to let Nebraska know something

I think the Cornhuskers will get a Big Ten invite this week and could be announced as early as next week. Then Missouri would follow after that.

And the Big 12 is over

now, time for your pick

I think Nebraska and Missouri are both announced at the same time. Once the dominos in the Big 12 REALLY start to fall with the Pac 10 announcing 6 teams being offered, then I think Notre Dame is offered shortly thereafter. Two more teams (most likely Big East teams) will be offered sometime after the fall to bring us to 16.

Last edited:
I'll say Nebraska & Mizzou at the same time. I do hope the Irish come on board...don't need Rutgers in the conference.

Nebby and Mizzou as a package deal. I don't think one makes sense without the other.

1) Nebraska
2) Missouri
3) Rutgers
4) Notre Dame

I also think Pitt would be a great fit. Don't know if Penn State wants that, however. But would like to play them in football and basketball on a regular basis.

I agree with rawkhawk, both Nebby and Mizzou will be offered at the same time. And both will accept. I think we are heading for 16 teams with or without ND. Cannot wait to play the former big 12 teams.

I agree with several above....I think the Cornshuckers and Mizzou get announced as new members at the same time.

If they take Nebraska and Missouri then who is the 3rd team? They won't stop at 13.

That's why I think they'll invite EITHER Nebraska or Mizzou, getting to 12. Then if ND says no, we still get a championship game. If they say yes, then we bring in Mizzou, too.

NE and Mizzou on the same day. They might be leaked at different times but will both be officially announced on the same day

Those two will be the first to be announced. However, I am not sure who will actually be the first team to actually be an active member.

If they take Nebraska and Missouri then who is the 3rd team? They won't stop at 13.

WHy? They stopped at 11.

But seriously, If they do add both I think the 3rd will be pushed for ND obviously, but there are a handful of east teams that they could "settle" for to round out the 14 teams. I don't think it will get to 16 for quite a few years. .

WHy? They stopped at 11.

But seriously, If they do add both I think the 3rd will be pushed for ND obviously, but there are a handful of east teams that they could "settle" for to round out the 14 teams. I don't think it will get to 16 for quite a few years. .

They won't stop at 13 because they're looking for a conference championship game in all this as well. They can't have one without an even number of teams.

I do NOT think a public "invite" will be made to anyone unless they have agreed to join the conference behind closed doors. We will not go through that again...

Nebraska will be the first "invite."

There are many scenarios, though and quite frankly, I think this whole process as given me brain damage!