Major Violation

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are looking at this wrong, its not a free speech issue. Donald Trump is a very wealthy guy who has donated lots of money to the University of Iowa and the Iowa Hawkeye Football Program over the years. His time is also very valuable, and time spent with Trump is priceless and the wisdom and knowledge he shares with his followers is incredibly valuable. These kinds of gifts like opportunities to meet such incredible and huge successful people and winners in life like Trump may represent violations of the NCAA's definition of amateur scholar athlete. This is the same organization that said putting too much cream cheese on a bagel in the training table is a violation, so imagine what meeting the biggest hugest celebrity with so much class it hurts his enemies just to think about it would be.
Well, he certainly knows a lot about bankruptcy and hating Muslims & Mexicans. So much knowledge to be had!

And your name (tksirius) is similar to thetrza, so it's all good. Tremendous even.

Copy and paste makes big font. Big font = big fun. Oh boy. Boy Howdy, here we go.

Being a Hawkeye fan > having a political point of view. Meaning, I don't care what candidate a Hawkeye football player may support, he's still has my support. The Hawkeye tent is way bigger than the political affliation tent.

An its gonna be classy. the event with cj was classy but this event tomorrow at Drake will be so classy.

good god...can we stick to the OP and stay off the political rants.

Not a smart move for the athletes to choose any faves.(regardless of party or candidate) If they want to individually, go for it...as Barta said, they encourage all students to participate in the process.But don't leverage the "i'm an Iowa football player" persona to do it.

This isn't the first time this kind of thing has happened with a college program. And as a frequent Barta critic, I'll say he has it 100% right. There's no official affiliation or endorsement form the athletic department...so it's a non-issue violation wise. Just some student athletes that are going to be called in for a meeting about how to handle themselves in public.

I don't want to make connections were there aren't any or jump to any conclusions. But I think its clear that Kirk Ferentz, Gary Barta, and the entire administration at the University of Iowa supports Donald Trump for president. I know having CJ walk in front of a rally on a stage might not sound like a complete endorsement from the entire University, but thats what it really was.

I'd totally hang out with Trump.

His true believers, tho...

Sorry, I've got standards.

Because The Donald gets it. He knows that there are morons (AKA "the fringe") on both sides, but realized that it was going to be easiest to get the hick vote on the far right. Those are the ones he catered to and has reeled them in beautifully. By pulling the Hawks up on stage (or whatever he did) he's going for this type:

1088347.0.gif

If we arranged for recruits to be on stage with Trump, there would be a problem here. Otherwise, I don't see an issue as long as they didn't get paid to be on stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.