Maishe Dailey Talks about Illini Fan Who Flipped Him Off

Glad to see about 7 years of irrelevance hasn't taken away that signature class Whini fans are known for showing.

To be fair it was only Maishe's 10th three pointer made all year. I get a little pissy watching opposing players who haven't done crap all year suddenly get hot against Iowa (seems to happen a lot), but I wouldn't flip them off.

I can't stand people who talk to players, or I should say talk AT players. The guys who do it are so proud of themselves, too. I got a buddy (isu fan wouldn't ya know it) who gets courtside seats every once in awhile. He can't wait to tell me all the things he said to this player or that ref. He's just beaming with pride at all the witty comments he made. He can't wait to tell me how they all reacted too. I guess it makes him feel relevant. But I just don't get the whole trash talking scene.

To be fair it was only Maishe's 10th three pointer made all year. I get a little pissy watching opposing players who haven't done crap all year suddenly get hot against Iowa (seems to happen a lot), but I wouldn't flip them off.
If I was that Illini fan I would be so proud to have my family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, etc. see how I conduct myself in my spare time. I hope he got it on his DVR so they can celebrate his “bird” skills on holidays, at birthday parties for the kids, etc.

Illinois fans are insufferable asses when it comes to basketball. They are right up there with Iowa State fans.

Takes a special kind of idiot for a grown man to flip off a college kid during a game.

And it takes a special kind of school--a la Illinois--to breed that kind of special fan :)

I can't stand people who talk to players, or I should say talk AT players. The guys who do it are so proud of themselves, too. I got a buddy (isu fan wouldn't ya know it) who gets courtside seats every once in awhile. He can't wait to tell me all the things he said to this player or that ref. He's just beaming with pride at all the witty comments he made. He can't wait to tell me how they all reacted too. I guess it makes him feel relevant. But I just don't get the whole trash talking scene.

With a friend like that, no sense cultivating enemies

I noticed the anesthesiologist and his botox-heavy wife were courtside last night....goodness, that guy drives me crazy with all of his standing and preening as if he owns the place....

Illinois fans are insufferable asses when it comes to basketball. They are right up there with Iowa State fans.

Takes a special kind of idiot for a grown man to flip off a college kid during a game.

To me they are the Nebraska football fans of basketball. No matter how their team is doing, they seem to put themselves on this pedestal for some reason.

Latest posts