Maishe Dailey Talks about Illini Fan Who Flipped Him Off

I can't stand people who talk to players, or I should say talk AT players. The guys who do it are so proud of themselves, too. I got a buddy (isu fan wouldn't ya know it) who gets courtside seats every once in awhile. He can't wait to tell me all the things he said to this player or that ref. He's just beaming with pride at all the witty comments he made. He can't wait to tell me how they all reacted too. I guess it makes him feel relevant. But I just don't get the whole trash talking scene.

Did he even play the game or is he one of those guys who didn't? Those are the people who get under my skin.

Did he even play the game or is he one of those guys who didn't? Those are the people who get under my skin.

Even if he did play the game he probably didn't play at that level. Nothing finer than watching a fan prove how cool they are by trying to belittle the players that they are there paying to see. Dude probably got a hot hand on his freshman team during his glory years so now thinks anything he's ever accomplished on the hardwood gives him the right to be "that guy". Good for him though, no college hoops fan has any idea who this guy was as a player, but now we know who he is as a human being.

I can't stand people who talk to players, or I should say talk AT players. The guys who do it are so proud of themselves, too. I got a buddy (isu fan wouldn't ya know it) who gets courtside seats every once in awhile. He can't wait to tell me all the things he said to this player or that ref. He's just beaming with pride at all the witty comments he made. He can't wait to tell me how they all reacted too. I guess it makes him feel relevant. But I just don't get the whole trash talking scene.
This sounds like that idiot Dr. that sits court side for Iowa games. He probably has no idea how embarrassing his behavior is.

Even if he did play the game he probably didn't play at that level. Nothing finer than watching a fan prove how cool they are by trying to belittle the players that they are there paying to see. Dude probably got a hot hand on his freshman team during his glory years so now thinks anything he's ever accomplished on the hardwood gives him the right to be "that guy". Good for him though, no college hoops fan has any idea who this guy was as a player, but now we know who he is as a human being.

My point. Well stated.

I noticed the anesthesiologist and his botox-heavy wife were courtside last night....goodness, that guy drives me crazy with all of his standing and preening as if he owns the place....

I get what your saying, but until you sign a check for 800k a year, then leave the guy alone. He is a super fan and at least puts his money where his mouth is.

I noticed the anesthesiologist and his botox-heavy wife were courtside last night....goodness, that guy drives me crazy with all of his standing and preening as if he owns the place....
Ugh, she gives me the heeby jeebies every time I see her on TV. How can anyone think that puffed up botox look is attractive???:eek:

To me they are the Nebraska football fans of basketball. No matter how their team is doing, they seem to put themselves on this pedestal for some reason.
Basketball is all they have at Illinois. I will admit, they have had some pretty good teams. Now they aren't even good in that sport.

I get what your saying, but until you sign a check for 800k a year, then leave the guy alone. He is a super fan and at least puts his money where his mouth is.
Who gives a f*** how much he spends?? Super Fan doesn't have to = Super Idiot. He's not the only Iowa booster writing those kinds of checks. He IS the only guy acting like an idiot. GTFO of here with that nonsense. Money doesn't excuse stupidity.

Who gives a f*** how much he spends?? Super Fan doesn't have to = Super Idiot. He's not the only Iowa booster writing those kinds of checks. He IS the only guy acting like an idiot. GTFO of here with that nonsense. Money doesn't excuse stupidity.

I don't think his vigorous cheering is stupidity. People complain when old people sit on their hands and they complain when fans are too exuberant. Jeez I'm glad I have never broken the rules of proper cheering as mandated by hawkeyenation.

I think if you look deeply you might find that your disdain stems from some slight jealousy.

Well that would explain why I'm not stupid.:)

On a serious note, my wife, family and I are doing fine. We have nothing to be ashamed of.

Iowa fans close to the visitor bench routinely get cited for being idiots by opponent. Illini fans are usually pretty docile and old. Young people haven't known a winner.

And it takes a special kind of school--a la Illinois--to breed that kind of special fan :)
Iowa has theirs too, I remember being really embarrassed at the Wisconsin game in football as two extremely drunk "fans" were trying to heckle two Wisconsin fans. Then they tried to "fire up" the crowd with a rant of profanity and verbal attacks on Wisconsin. Nobody needs those type of "fans". I was treated well at two Wisconsin games the last several years. I dislike when people go to far.

I don't think his vigorous cheering is stupidity. People complain when old people sit on their hands and they complain when fans are too exuberant. Jeez I'm glad I have never broken the rules of proper cheering as mandated by hawkeyenation.

I think if you look deeply you might find that your disdain stems from some slight jealousy.
No. Not even close. Stand and cheer. I have zero problem with that. Act like the fans paid to see your clown show = a problem. I can't begin to guess how many 6 figure donors there are in CHA. I only know of one that acts like an idiot. Stop pretending he's not an idiot just because he donates a lot of money.

No. Not even close. Stand and cheer. I have zero problem with that. Act like the fans paid to see your clown show = a problem. I can't begin to guess how many 6 figure donors there are in CHA. I only know of one that acts like an idiot. Stop pretending he's not an idiot just because he donates a lot of money.

Well he has never been removed from a game so I'm saying that he might in fact not be "acting like an idiot". He is just a passionate fan who pays out the nose for the privilege to feel as close to the action as possible. You take offense to that for whatever reason.

Well he has never been removed from a game so I'm saying that he might in fact not be "acting like an idiot". He is just a passionate fan who pays out the nose for the privilege to feel as close to the action as possible. You take offense to that for whatever reason.
Yeah...he's an idiot.

Latest posts