Luka getting a standard contract!

Awesome! From watching him at Iowa work so hard on weaknesses of his game, this doesn't surprise me.

The dude doesn't say no or quit, he works to overcome and outwork everyone. Many young people could really learn from him.

Great news.

I thought he was going to have to spend a minute or two in the G-league. Clearly, that’s not going to happen at least right away.

Make that money and set yourself up for life, great news.
Totally agree with the sentiment, but I'll point out rookie contracts in the NBA can be shockingly small (by modern professional sports standards).

Now, if you can hang around for a couple seasons and prove yourself useful though...even 20 mpg or less backup type guys can score contracts with eye popping numbers (and guaranteed money, too!)

No doubt landing this rookie contract represents a big step in that direction for our man Luka!

Would love to watch Luka play, but I am not a diehard NBA guy so I am not investing in NBATV. It will be box scores and highlights until the Pistons become relevant(if that happens).

Awesome! From watching him at Iowa work so hard on weaknesses of his game, this doesn't surprise me.

The dude doesn't say no or quit, he works to overcome and outwork everyone. Many young people could really learn from him.

Great news.
No surprise to me.Attacks work huh?

Like I stated most of last season, and I don't mean any offense to HN's regular posters....but I wouldn't consider Iowa fans to be too knowledgeable about what an NBA player looks like. It's not like we get too many looks at them. But Iowa fans thought Cook was never going to play in the NBA - Joe wasn't going to get drafted and Luka was too slow...

It's not Iowa fan's fault, but we don't get to watch that many NBA guys on our team so I always take the "he'll never play" take from this board with A GIANT grain of salt.

Detroit traded away that Duke center from a few yrs ago and I wondered at the time if that's what might happen. Good for Luka his summer league play confirmed what we already knew. The guy can shoot outside and he'll still mix it up inside. If there's one thing I hope he might do a little more of is don't be afraid to foul and put a guy driving to the hoop on the ground. He plays ole D quite a bit. NBA gives ya 6 fouls and he probably won't be counted on to play huge mins. So use some of em and make em earn it.