Luka Garza update

This type of thing is more common than many know. It's for some reason hard to prove and get tough sentences. Elder abuse in particular makes for easy targets and oft the victims can't stand up for themselves in court. There have to be some political connections.

With what he did compared to what happens to other crimes he got a slap.

Went to college w an Anamosa bb standout standout who did prison time. A friend from college got time at Terre Haute and said it was hell. There is now a MO state law named after him. He s scarred by it but is as arrogant as ever and doesn't deny what he did. Alot of this centered around dotcom bubble and people thought the markets were forever changed until it crashed near that time.

For some the thought was they could make more money for their clients than the money would earn not invested , make money for themselves and return then return it and no one would know. Then they couldn't put it back. Another good friend was poa of an elderly lady and told me his plans and I was able to dissuade him.

More recently you may have heard about a husband and wife...he was the bank pres at a small Iowa and her family owned the bank. Prison time but could serve one after the other at what basically a camp where they weren't entirely restricted in IL. They managed to keep their castle home. Embarrassed yes but off way to easy.

I work in farm finance and have reported elder abuse....obvious elder abuse but nothing happens. One was a state rep who used the money for his campaign. The campaign finance rep who was gay and 60 married a 90 yo widow and the newly weds went out and bought a extravagant house with a pool.

The police ridiculed me for wanting there time. The situation also involved a loan that was never paid in clear violation of campaign finance.

Gott feel bad for Luka. Not his doing.

Frank is not that unusual.

Yea, sounds like he was running a Ponzi scheme and it got out of his control like you mentioned. Every bubble's going to pop at some point. Every bear market is born from a new economic racket that triggers it. The Roaring Twenties was right before the stock market crash. It triggered the economy and there was progression until that plateau and crash, The computers and Dot.com triggered the economy until that plateau and crash in 2008.

We need something new to trigger our economy to get out of this stagnant time. The question is, what will it be.

He’s Fran’s wife’s cousin.

Greg Suckow (Elvis) is a real estate lawyer in Minneapolis. Hung out at a tailgate with him a couple times, super good dude. His mom is a fuckin hoot, she’s the one who makes his outfits.

Definitely doesn’t sound like the kind of guy who’d get mixed up with Garza in a business way or with anything involving money; Suckow ain’t hurtin. I think they’re just good buds who met when Luka came to Iowa.
I sat next Elvis in full uniform on a Southwest flight from Kansas City to Indianapolis for the 2015 conference championship game. He was really cool and we discussed his practice. At the time he was an inhouse lawyer. It was funny because he started out in character when we sat down next to him and then he pretty quickly just started talking normal. The entire plane was Iowa fans. It was the best flight I have ever been on in my life.

I sat next Elvis in full uniform on a Southwest flight from Kansas City to Indianapolis for the 2015 conference championship game. He was really cool and we discussed his practice. At the time he was an inhouse lawyer. It was funny because he started out in character when we sat down next to him and then he pretty quickly just started talking normal. The entire plane was Iowa fans. It was the best flight I have ever been on in my life.
When we chatted he said he worked for Sleep Number as corporate counsel. Super down to earth and had a ton of patience. Every Hawkeye fan in Iowa City wanted their picture with him and he obliged. Takes his mom with him everywhere which is pretty cool too.

Yea, sounds like he was running a Ponzi scheme and it got out of his control like you mentioned. Every bubble's going to pop at some point. Every bear market is born from a new economic racket that triggers it. The Roaring Twenties was right before the stock market crash. It triggered the economy and there was progression until that plateau and crash, The computers and Dot.com triggered the economy until that plateau and crash in 2008.

We need something new to trigger our economy to get out of this stagnant time. The question is, what will it be.
The internet and computer boom saved us in the 90s as you mentioned. Can't really see anything remotely like that coming. Renewable energy? Maybe or maybe it might kill us.

We do have resets though I don't really follow the Elliot Wave theory.

Frank must have great people skills to do that though and he used those to benefit his son in BB. People that do what he did oft are the most likely people in the world such as the famous asst coach and the university doctor. Easier to spot afterwards. Like technical analysis and the markets. Afterwards you can so YES that's it, but can't really do it before hand.

China has Tawain almost completely surrounded. That would trigger something...

To me, the bottom line was devoting his time developing Luka

Who might become a very good bench player in the NBA

The Garza years at Iowa were some of the best in Hawkeye History

It was always enjoyable seeing and Hearing Frank in the audience sitting with Hawkeye Women players

Come on, Big Boy

I still think Luka could earn a spot on a NBA roster if a team is looking for a high character, hard working kid who can come in and give them ten minutes or so of quality play which includes the ability to knock down threes.
If he wants a real basketball career though, I think he is going to have to test the overseas waters where his style is more the accepted one and he could log some real minutes and where his skills would be more accepted.

Luka gets the callup from the Iowa Wolves to the Minnesota Timberwolves tonight's game vs Memphis due to an illness to backup center Naz Reid.

Latest posts