Luka Garza Announces Return to Iowa Basketball

Anyone else fired up to see how well Garza and a healthy improved Nunge play together? Before Nunge got hurt last yr Fran (the king of hyperbole I know) really was hyping up how good he'd been looking. I think the two of them may have a better 2 man report then what Cook and Garza did. Nunge being as long as he is and as good of a shooter I think the two of them should be able to have a nice high low game adding a fun dimension we really didn't have much of while Nunge was out. And depending on the matchups you can flip them and have Garza outside with Nunge posting up. The flexibility of what we can do offensively with our personnel is practically unlimited.

Nunge was really pretty tentative and seemed to struggle early, but started to show a lot of good signs of improvement right before he got hurt. Let's also not forget that Garza missed a lot of training time with his abdominal cyst that was removed. It was impressive how much he improved in spite of that. With a whole off-season plus with his crazy training regiment combined with a chip on his shoulder, I hope we get a chance to see even more improvement (if that's even possible).

I am thinking that Covid is going to deprive us of what could have been the best season for Iowa hoops in living memory.

I am thinking that Covid is going to deprive us of what could have been the best season for Iowa hoops in living memory.

giphy.gif

Yes, and this makes me sick. This could be Iowa's best team since the mid 80s and they might not take the court.

I understand football, 22 football players from 2 different schools on the field together in close proximity sounds risky. Not to mention each sideline has 80 players/coaches. I would think basketball could be contained a little bit better. They can't create a bubble situation like the NBA but you could isolate 15-20 players/coaches. Close off their living quarters and do all of their classes online. It would be tough for young college guys though, perhaps not all would agree to do it. They lose a big part of that "college experience".

After typing that....no, it's not gonna happen.....

Latest posts