Luka Garza Announces Return to Iowa Basketball

87311.original-3418.png

Bring it On, Punks

:cool:

This teams talent rivals the 87 team. So stoked about this team. Just hoping this season happens.
Whoa!

I’m excited about Luka’s news as well, but pump the brakes on that one. That team was loaded at least down to the twelfth man. 1989 was almost as talented as 1987 before the injuries and academic issues.

We have legit top end talent and experience. But we have two players coming back from major surgery and a third who has to prove he has overcome his nagging foot issues. We are going to need multiple freshmen to step up and play major roles to add to our depth

Whoa!

I’m excited about Luka’s news as well, but pump the brakes on that one. That team was loaded at least down to the twelfth man. 1989 was almost as talented as 1987 before the injuries and academic issues.

We have legit top end talent and experience. But we have two players coming back from major surgery and a third who has to prove he has overcome his nagging foot issues. We are going to need multiple freshmen to step up and play major roles to add to our depth

True.
I know for a considerable time, and maybe it’s still true, that that team held a record for the number of players drafted in one year to play in the NBA. Not a record for the University of Iowa but for all universities. If Lohaus had made that last shot we may have had gone on to win a National Champoinship.

I wonder if there is a season if it will look like Major League Baseball with empty seats. It seems so strange to watch a baseball game with no one in the seats.

If it turns out that way I think it will be advantage IOWA. The officials have not been Fran or Iowa friendly. Maybe without the fans around during away games we may see a higher level of integrity from the officials.

The best seat in the house may be the only seat from your living room sofa. I’ll take it though because it would be a sports travesty for Luka not to get to play this season.

Now the hype begins- good article today in ESPN re Iowa title potential. But if ever a season came w/uncertainty, this upcoming season could be one of the weirdest ever...........Like everyone else, I am pumped up, and like everyone else, I am wondering just WTF is going to happen................

The best part of Luka coming back isn't even just him. It's the effect he has on the other guys. He raises their level of intensity and urgency. We have no less then 3 shooters on the floor with him all the time pretty much. 4 for when Nunge is out there he'll shoot it well too I think. And just imagine if CM improves his 3 pt shooting which I think he can. If you've seen some of Garzas workout videos he and his Dad have put out there it's easy to see how that chunky freshman has turned into what he has. I think he's gotten significantly better since even last season. He's almost automatic shooting the ball now. Granted it's practice with no D but he's been unbelievable. He's in unreal shape. He could play every min of our games I bet. The games aren't long enough for him now. Compared to the kid that could hardly get up and down the floor 4 yrs ago it's amazing. He's such a great hard working kid. So easy to root for.

For just once could Trump be right about something and have Covid just up and go away?!!!!

Yea
Rob predicts Iowa to make a run for a National Title!

No, not that Rob. NBC’s Rob Douster.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2020/08/02/luka-garza-iowa-return/

Kyle Soppe of ESPN seconds that motion!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...-believe-iowa-national-championship-contender

ESPN picks a new nick name for Luka. “GARZILLA”, Lol

Yeah, I read that about "Garzilla", but it brought back to mind when an Iowa personality referenced a mythical monster, and my brain just couldn't wrap itself around the way the world turns sometimes.

Yea

Yeah, I read that about "Garzilla", but it brought back to mind when an Iowa personality referenced a mythical monster, and my brain just couldn't wrap itself around the way the world turns sometimes.

Yeah I know what you mean. I think GARZILLA should be safe territory though.

In Iowa personality you wouldn’t by chance be referring to a play by play personality would you? :oops:

I wonder if there is a season if it will look like Major League Baseball with empty seats. It seems so strange to watch a baseball game with no one in the seats.

If it turns out that way I think it will be advantage IOWA. The officials have not been Fran or Iowa friendly. Maybe without the fans around during away games we may see a higher level of integrity from the officials.

The best seat in the house may be the only seat from your living room sofa. I’ll take it though because it would be a sports travesty for Luka not to get to play this season.
I made that general reference earlier this summer. I have no doubt' absolutely none, that
hostile crowds can influence basketball officials.

If there is no season does he come back next year? Does Jbo? Is it even a possibility. Does Nunge stick around? He could grad transfer. Does Joe W stay around?

I'm super excited he has, for now, elected to come back. I'm just very pessimistic that there will be basketball this year. It would be the gut punch that we are all used to.

Latest posts