LSU TD Called Back Taunting Rule: Poll

Wha do you think about the new taunting rule?

• Like it

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • Dislike it

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because other live ball penalties like holding or pass interference have an immediate impact on the ability to make a play or score a touchdown. A punter extending his arms for one second has ZERO impact on how the play unfolded. Make it a 15 yard penalty enforced on the kickoff to hamper field position and lets move on

Taking points off the board for someone flipping into the end zone affects the outcome of a game by taking points off the board...that doesnt make any sense

Sure it does, busabus...they want it out of the game and everyone knows what the penalty is for doing it. If everyone knows the rule, it shouldn't be a problem to hold off on being a d-bag until after you get into the endzone. Like the rule or not, it should be a fairly simple one to adhere to.

Too ambiguous
Too subjective
Too inconsistenly called (like, hardly ever)
Stupid rule

Sure it does, busabus...they want it out of the game and everyone knows what the penalty is for doing it. If everyone knows the rule, it shouldn't be a problem to hold off on being a d-bag until after you get into the endzone. Like the rule or not, it should be a fairly simple one to adhere to.

Doesnt seem like the punishment fits the crime imo

I think if the other team does it they should call it.:D

I remember us playing Illinois a few years ago in Kinnick. I was in the south end zone ground level and here comes this Illinois DB, as in ****** bag, and he did a frontwards midair somersault flip right into the endzone. Damn that made me mad!!!:mad: #1 because they were playing well and we sucked and lost the game, and #2 he could do a midair somersault flip! Grrrrr!

I guess its an alright rule. Wait the extra few seconds to get in the endzone and then you can pray or waggle your finger, keep your TD and take a 15 yd penalty.

That's just it. The rule itself isn't subjective. The rule states any celebration that involves taunting of another player/team in the field of play is a spot foul.

I like the rule I hate taunting and showboating. My question is do the coaches warn the players about the rule. If do they do why would a player do this?

Well he held out his arms briefly before he went into the endzone. I could not see but was he looking at a Florida player when he did that? If so, it is what it is then. The coaches asked for this rule and the officials have no choice but to enforce it. But if he is holding out his arms looking at one of his own teammates then it is not taunting. It is so hard to believe that any punter could ever taunt another team.

Florida should be humiliated after that play...oh wait, Iowa gave up a similar play and let Wisky into the Rose Bowl.

If teams can pull off these types of trick plays then they should be allowed to humilate the opposing team.

That's just it. The rule itself isn't subjective. The rule states any celebration that involves taunting of another player/team in the field of play is a spot foul.

What if he player just yells "nana-nana-boo-boo. Take that you losers!" as he is about to run over the goal line. Is that taunting? Is it still taunting if the ref doesn't hear him? Hmmm? Hmmm?

Last edited:
What if he player just yells "nana-nana-boo-boo. Take that you losers!" as he is about to run over the goal line. Is that taunting? Is it still taunting if the red doesn't hear him? Hmmm? Hmmm?

That's not any different than if a ref doesn't see a hold, or something like that. Just because they occasionally miss a few calls like that doesn't mean that holding shouldn't be a penalty.

Well he held out his arms briefly before he went into the endzone. I could not see but was he looking at a Florida player when he did that? If so, it is what it is then. The coaches asked for this rule and the officials have no choice but to enforce it. But if he is holding out his arms looking at one of his own teammates then it is not taunting. It is so hard to believe that any punter could ever taunt another team.

You can't tell to 100% certainty, as the best look comes when there aren't any Florida players in the frame. But he did look back towards the action, and two Florida players come into the screen from where it at least appears the punter is looking.

bilde

Yeah, I'd say that was pretty blatant.

I'm thinking he was just turning around to look for his mothers beaming smiling face over in those stands over yonder. Who wouldn't be proud of a son that only thinking of his mom as he made his first college TD!

I'm thinking he was just turning around to look for his mothers beaming smiling face over in those stands over yonder. Who wouldn't be proud of a son that only thinking of his mom as he made his first college TD!
False, no mother would go see their son play if they were a punter, too embarrassing to admit.

False, no mother would go see their son play if they were a punter, too embarrassing to admit.

Oh that's not true!! I'd be proud if my son was a Hawkeye Bench warmer!

Punters and kickers don't get enough respect. If they do their job well no one notices....but muff that punt and you're message board fodder!

Plus if anyone hurts my little boy when he's kicking they get in trouble! YOU DON'T ROUGH UP THE KICKER! The kickers are probably the only ones that come out of the game with their knees intact.

Oh that's not true!! I'd be proud if my son was a Hawkeye Bench warmer!

Punters and kickers don't get enough respect. If they do their job well no one notices....but muff that punt and you're message board fodder!

Plus if anyone hurts my little boy when he's kicking they get in trouble! YOU DON'T ROUGH UP THE KICKER! The kickers are probably the only ones that come out of the game with their knees intact.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK81Ej5hm8s]Bill Gramatica Celebration Fail - YouTube[/ame]
What's that you said, Freaky? :p

Last edited:

Latest posts