LSU clearly better team today

There is difference between what Clark did and what Reese did. Clark doesn't follow players around taunting. All of her antics are to the crowd to get them fired up. If you don't think pretty much all of Clark's antics are calculated you naïve.

Yes, the technical was huge because it was also her 4th foul. It was a 9 point game at that point with 1 min left in the 3rd. It totally changed the rest of the game. It was a weak technical, what Coach Kim was doing all game showed up the refs way more than what Caitlyn did

I was going to point out the very same thing. It was different because it was so personal. Reese comes off as a thug to me. Not a black white thing because thugs can be any color or shade. I don't have a lot of respect for her.

And, it also bugged me when CC did the motion as well. I don't think that is needed. I also don't like the copying of others when it comes to this. These are young people trying to live like and mimic others. It comes off as juvenile, IMO.

Considering there was an arrest when a women's NIT player socked another and was arrested for it and Van Lin was held in early on tournament handshake line, Angel should be reprimanded for her part.

Caitlin deserved the trash talk and hand wave over the face, I don't think that was an issue. But when she followed her towards the IA bench and taunted with the finger, it's passes into full on taunting and why Classless is the highest trending phrase today.

You're calling out LSU players for being classless and deflecting. Calling them out for being classless and when confronted by a similar example done by a super popular Iowa and NFL football player, you refuse to equate the two. For the record I think Pat Angerer is an all-time great and an even better dude in person.

Sidenote...how can you be an Iowa sports fan and not remember Pat Angerer? Or are you really young?
I think people using the term "classless" are confusing being a classless person with doing something classless. We all do classless things because we're not perfect, but neither are they. If it's habitual, they can be considered classless. Is Reese classless? I don't know because I'd never heard of her until yesterday and I'm guessing most Hawk fans didn't either. Did she do something classless? That's up for interpretation. In the heat of competition it's gonna happen. I'd be a little worried about a person's level of competitiveness if it didn't.

This is spot on. I love Clark....so exciting.....great young lady off the court.....but everyone has to grow up.....let your on-the- court play do the talking.

I think if we had played LSU 10 times we might beat them 4 or 5, but that is not how it works. A 4 minute hot shooting stretch at the end of the 2nd quarter was the difference.

So deflating when those banked 3's went in. Has to be deflating to an opposing team as well and the feeling of "fate" prob sets in.

That gal hitting those, along with the rebounding killed Iowa. On defense they let CC take her chances with the 3's but took away her driving game, which was smart. There was the game.

These two teams, with the make-up of the two rosters, athleticism, and the two coaches could not have been more polar opposite. Bluder built culture and a family which was very evident, and Mulkey was one to hit the portal, sway players to come to LSU including ex-players she previously booted off a team. She assembled a team with players of questionable character only caring about winning a NC. But, it was remarkable how she was able to assemble and win a NC in two years.

It was a polarizing match-up, TBO.

Last edited:
If Clark doesn't showboat and taunt, she gets none of the taunting in return. I don't care if players taunt or not, but if you're gonna do it expect it in return.

Not so sure on that with Reese. I think many on the LSU team were just pizzed that CC was getting all this national attention throughout the tournament. I feel they were butt-hurt to a point and I think Reese would have done something anyway, maybe not the Cena gesture but may have done the ring pointing and following. But, not sure for sure.

Last edited:
Bro I work with a lot of black kids and I'm saying it. I've broken up about 10 fights this year between girls and it all started from shit talking like this.

Harmful things can come from the escalation of disrespect. Look at this thread and others - Clark catches a lot of flack for what people perceive as disrespect.... it's not a racial thing.

There are fairly young kids in our schools are saying shit and beating up on school staff, because they don't have really any consequences, or real consequences that hurt or defray them from acting that way. That is no bullshit and is on a daily basis. Many of these are young girls as well. It's bad.

So deflating when those banked 3's went in. Has to be deflating to an opposing team as well and the feeling of "fate" prob sets in.

That gal hitting those, along with the rebounding killed Iowa. On defense they let CC take her chances with the 3's but took away her driving game, which was smart. There was the game.

These two teams, with the make-up of the two rosters, athleticism, and the two coaches could not have been more polar opposite. Bluder build culture and a family which was very evident, and Mulkey was one to hit the portal, sway players to come to LSU including ex-players she previously booted off a team. She assembled a team with players of questionable character only caring about winning a NC. But, it was remarkable how she was able to assemble and win a NC in two years.

It was a polarizing match-up, TBO.
We know nothing about the LSU players inside the locker room nor the bonds they have amongst themselves. Regardless of what we think they may be just as tight knit a group as we are that jelled together despite being transfers. Whose to say Mulkey didn't bring in the "family and culture" that she wanted? They did bring her and each other a championship.

We know nothing about the LSU players inside the locker room nor the bonds they have amongst themselves. Regardless of what we think they may be just as tight knit a group as we are that jelled together despite being transfers. Whose to say Mulkey didn't bring in the "family and culture" that she wanted? They did bring her and each other a championship.

All I'm saying, right or wrong, I don't think you'd ever see some of their players (Reese and Morris for sure) on an Iowa roster, basically because of their character or previous actions. Mulkey kicked Morris off her Baylor team for physically assaulting another woman student in a dorm room. Morris then went to Rutgers and didn't last there then on to Texas A&M before ending back with Mulkey at LSU. She's obviously had issues sticking at other places. Reese is just Reese and a punk. To be fair to your point, I don't know much about the other players but could do some recon if wanted to take the time. But, I feel I've seen enough already.

And my point is the polar opposites of the teams. It was interesting.

I'll give LSU the "luck" factor ... So typical that the other team shoots out of their asses against Iowa. Are you f-ing kidding me?! Two banked 3's on last second shots!! GTFO!
Of course, Iowa - across both sexes - simply isn't as interested in playing D as others. The boys just don't know how and the women just don't have the size (which is ALWAYS the fundamental factor in women's bball).

Nonetheless ... this was a bend-over job from start to finish. The Refs sucked in the purest sense. Yes, they went both ways during stretches but it was clearly more destructive to Iowa.

And ... yes, at the risk of banishment ... which, if it happens, BFD - doesn't change the truth and I'll deal ... Angel Reese is a classless C!!:(:mad: No less than two, blatant, deliberate taunts (the "can't see me" and "the ring") ... got every hypocritical call by the zebras (broke Czinano's chin, TWICE on 1 play) ... and Dawny-Flash shoulda been T'd up multiple times for all of her Izzo-esque antics (out of the box and on the court).

So ... F YOU, LSU! F YOU, LSU!

The deciding factor was the zebras who took the Hawks out of the game from Jump

We couldn't play as free wheeling as usual, being fearful of having starters on the bench
with 4 fouls late in the third quarter and the fourth quarter

Guess what, no matter how we played, free-wheeling on conservative, we were shafted the entire
game

Zebras had to even the fouls, so at first glance, things would appear even

Reality was we had 3 starters sitting on the bench with 4 fouls late in the third quarter and
Monica and McKenna sitting on the bench with 4 fouls most of the 4th quarter

They hit Caitliln with a rather questionable technical late in the third quarter, she sat along with
Monica and McKenna for the remainder of the quarter

If you want to beat the Hawks, take their offense away, bench the productive players

That is exactly what happened

Meanwhile the tigers were permitted to taunt and slap and push away with abandon

If the tigers hadn't had a career performance from Jasmine including banking in a last second
shot, and we weren't hampered by the one-sided officiating, we would have been able to play
free style as always

That slap on Molly was outrageous, then the shove right in front of the zebras at the too of the key
kinda was the story of the game

Reess is a crude classless pile of hatred and shitte

She reflects the attitude of her coach who should have restrained her, as any other coach in college
basketball, man or woman would have done out of basic decency

Oh Well, It is what it is, proud as a man can be of Lisa's Hawks. They made the Winter much better,
acutally an afterthought

Thrill after Thrill all season long, Catilin brought Women's College Basketball to highlight reel glory
and it will be forever changed because of Caitlin and the Hawks

Watch out next season, everybody

Damn...

:cool:

Bluder is a class at. The LSU coach not so much. C.C. gets a tect for slapping the ball after a stoppage in play, (not even looking at a official), but the LSU coach can be on the floor without even a warning. Bluder said she wasn't allowed to converse with the officials while the LSU coach did not seem to have a problem. Seems like the outcome was decided ahead and scripted much like pro wrestling!
He's gone.

Yeah, so long, Jack

We couldn't play as free wheeling as usual, being fearful of having starters on the bench

Guess what, no matter how we played, free-wheeling on conservative, we were shafted the entire
game

Reality was we had 3 starters sitting on the bench with 4 fouls late in the third quarter and

They hit Caitliln with a rather questionable technical late in the third quarter, she sat along with

If you want to beat the Hawks, take their offense away, bench the productive players

Meanwhile the tigers were permitted to taunt and slap and push away with abandon

If the tigers hadn't had a career performance from Jasmine including banking in a last second
shot, and we weren't hampered by the one-sided officiating, we would have been able to play
free style as always

That slap on Molly was outrageous, then the shove right in front of the zebras at the too of the key

She reflects the attitude of her coach who should have restrained her, as any other coach in college

Oh Well, It is what it is, proud as a man can be of Lisa's Hawks. They made the Winter much better,
acutally an afterthought

Thrill after Thrill all season long, Catilin brought Women's College Basketball to highlight reel glory

Damn...

Not having Monica is really going to hurt, unless Jan can work her magic and get O'grady and Stuelke playing at that level. When Megan Gust... graduated I thought the same with Monica backing her up but Monica came came on and developed great. There is hope but Monica's shoes are going to be large to fill.

Not having Monica is really going to hurt, unless Jan can work her magic and get O'grady and Stuelke playing at that level. When Megan Gust... graduated I thought the same with Monica backing her up but Monica came came on and developed great. There is hope but Monica's shoes are going to be large to fill.

O'Grady played alright yesterday and perhaps better against SC

She going to be alright, one the bigs we desperately need is she can provide defense and keep the opponents away from the basket and get rebounds, things will be OK

She should become more comfortable scoring and will not miss the bunnies around the basket

Stuelke is going to be perhaps another Monica by her junior year or sooner, she is quicker than
Monica down the floor, perhaps quicker than most of the rest of the team

She certainly has learned a lot from Monica and if she can duplicate her style we are going to be
fine, very fine

We need quick 6'4/6'5" players who can run the floor like gazelles

Next season is going to be another thrill ride

It's All Good

65% from deep and 50% something from 2 will always be hard to overcome. I have to agree with there was a difference between what Clark did vs what Reese did. Neither I’m a fan of. I don’t think Clark directed that gesture at anyone specifically. Reese was in her face and directed that mockingly at Clark. I thought taunting like that would have drawn a T. As far as the officials, they were terrible. I was more upset at what they didn’t call. I thought Clark was grabbed a number of times and no call. Finally, props to Lisa Bluder …we all know a coach who would have come unhinged if that was his team.

I still don't understand the uproar over what Reese did. Is it poor sportsmanship, probably, but so what. Good sportsmanship is long gone. Watch an Iowa wrestling match and see how both wrestlers act towards each other, the other coaches, the other fans, etc. We don't say anything (especially if it's our wrestler or coaches). The NFL has poor sportsmanship and we love it (if it's our team). Baseball has bat flips after home runs, and we love it (if it's our team). NASCAR drivers and hockey players get into fights, and we love it. I also think the optics of a taller black woman taunting a smaller white woman has triggered a lot of people and making this a not so subtle race thing, when it was just modern day athlete behavior.

Also, Reese knew exactly what she was doing, and it's paying off by her getting tons of exposure now, which will translate into NIL money. So good for her.
Nope, this is all terrible and should never be normalized.

game

free style as always

acutally an afterthought

Damn...

Right their with you…and with Hayden.

My brother, Jerry sent me this email:

"One of the Top NCAA refs said on Twitter: “ What a SHIT Show”.

2 offensive fouls @ a ridiculous technical on Caitlin Clark the player who has increased viewership by 2 million+

Worst refereed game he had ever seen

That says it all

LSU used all transfer portal players & the NIL $ must have been very lucrative. Hate their flamboyant coach & ANGEL.

Caitlin Clark is the best thing that has ever happened to womens BB & BB in general for 25+ years

We need to find a 6’5” or 6’7” leaper in the transfer portal to get there next year. They need to work with Stulke on the traveling."

J

Last edited:
O'Grady played alright yesterday and perhaps better against SC

She going to be alright, one the bigs we desperately need is she can provide defense and keep the opponents away from the basket and get rebounds, things will be OK

She should become more comfortable scoring and will not miss the bunnies around the basket

Stuelke is going to be perhaps another Monica by her junior year or sooner, she is quicker than
Monica down the floor, perhaps quicker than most of the rest of the team

She certainly has learned a lot from Monica and if she can duplicate her style we are going to be
fine, very fine

We need quick 6'4/6'5" players who can run the floor like gazelles

Next season is going to be another thrill ride

It's All Good

O'grady has to get better hands and start anticipating passes from Clark a little better. This is something that is really going unnoticed that Monica did really well. She caught everything and within her move. Clark was getting frustrated a couple times in the SC game when O'grady wasn't catching the potential assist. But, I think many posts would struggle with that until they get used to it with time. The PG and post connection is like a QB and WR. They have to get used to each other and get connected.

Latest posts