LSU clearly better team today

I still don't understand the uproar over what Reese did. Is it poor sportsmanship, probably, but so what. Good sportsmanship is long gone. Watch an Iowa wrestling match and see how both wrestlers act towards each other, the other coaches, the other fans, etc. We don't say anything (especially if it's our wrestler or coaches). The NFL has poor sportsmanship and we love it (if it's our team). Baseball has bat flips after home runs, and we love it (if it's our team). NASCAR drivers and hockey players get into fights, and we love it. I also think the optics of a taller black woman taunting a smaller white woman has triggered a lot of people and making this a not so subtle race thing, when it was just modern day athlete behavior.

Also, Reese knew exactly what she was doing, and it's paying off by her getting tons of exposure now, which will translate into NIL money. So good for her.
You nailed it with it "translating into NIL money". Any publicity good or bad is still publicity and it's publicity that these individuals are cashing in on. Heroes for one fanbase are the villains of another and all that does at the end of the day is make that individual more known. So what may be viewed as a disgusting act by Iowa fans is going to be remembered totally different by LSU and she'll make bank on that image whether we like it or not.

Great season. No football or basketball team has ever finished better than national runner-up.

Clark is a generational player. Even Mulkey said so.

I agree that LSU players and coaches are terrible people at least in the sports world. But let's be honest...Clark has been the biggest whiner on the court all year in women's basketball, and she's been building up a technical all year as well with the antics. She by all rights should have gotten a T for the John Cena thing a long time ago, and she gets away with bitching at refs constantly because she's the golden child. Basically, she's the Tom Izzo of WBB players. The best in the biz, but gets away with shit she shouldn't. It came home to roost finally (not the reason they lost the game, btw) and now people are mad.

Bluder is a great coach and an even classier person...that's not debatable. But she should have seen that coming along time ago and told Clark to knock it the hell off and worry about playing basketball. The Murray brothers are the best example of shutting your mouth, not acting like an entitled brat, and letting your game speak for itself. Hopefully Clark grows out of it.
This is spot on. I love Clark....so exciting.....great young lady off the court.....but everyone has to grow up.....let your on-the- court play do the talking.

I think if we had played LSU 10 times we might beat them 4 or 5, but that is not how it works. A 4 minute hot shooting stretch at the end of the 2nd quarter was the difference.

Saw Pat Angerer flip off a big group of opposing fans walking back in the tunnel after warmups one time with my own eyes. Are you going to now say that dude is an ignorant thug asshole? Because I've met him and he isn't.

Doesn't matter if it's a man or woman or white person or non-white. If you're gonna call it one way you have to call it both.

Also ITT, a lot of people who have never played organized sports.
Played a lot of organized sports... I also never called anyone any of those names you putting in my mouth. thousands of people are not saying those terms either... yeah their are some sure.., but far from the majority.

Yeah Clark is a hot dog.. but saying what Reese did was not the same.,,, it's also nauseating when people try to make it into a political issue.

Played a lot of organized sports... I also never called anyone any of those names you putting in my mouth. thousands of people are not saying those terms either... yeah their are some sure.., but far from the majority.

Yeah Clark is a hot dog.. but saying what Reese did was not the same.,,, it's also nauseating when people try to make it into a political issue.
So is Pat Angerer a POS? Put your money where your mouth is.

Yes or no question, don't deflect.

Hopefully the players will grow up some more as a result of all this.
If Clark doesn't showboat and taunt, she gets none of the taunting in return. I don't care if players taunt or not, but if you're gonna do it expect it in return.

I know we Iowa folks love white girls who talk trash, make the John Cena hand gesture out on the court and we champion all of her shoulder shrugs and trash talk all over the court....but when a black girl does the same shit, "well, obviously she said hoe"

like it or not, that is how this is playing out publicly and please keep in mind we don't have that sparkling record with confident, young African American players as it is at Iowa.

right or wrong, it's a bad look to say the least.
Bro I work with a lot of black kids and I'm saying it. I've broken up about 10 fights this year between girls and it all started from shit talking like this.

Harmful things can come from the escalation of disrespect. Look at this thread and others - Clark catches a lot of flack for what people perceive as disrespect.... it's not a racial thing.

So is Pat Angerer a POS? Put your money where your mouth is.

Yes or no question, don't deflect.
Honestly I don't even remember much about Pat Angerer.

No clue what kind of guy he is.

Also who did I call a piece of shit anywhere?

You doing some hardcore strawmaning....

Honestly I don't even remember much about Pat Angerer.

No clue what kind of guy he is.

Also who did I call a piece of shit anywhere?

You doing some hardcore strawmaning....
You're calling out LSU players for being classless and deflecting. Calling them out for being classless and when confronted by a similar example done by a super popular Iowa and NFL football player, you refuse to equate the two. For the record I think Pat Angerer is an all-time great and an even better dude in person.

Sidenote...how can you be an Iowa sports fan and not remember Pat Angerer? Or are you really young?

LSU was clearly the better team but they were definitely aided by circumstances. One important way to beat Iowa is the take Caitlin out of the game and fair or not fair, right or wrong, CC spent more time on the bench yesterday then any other game I can remember. I'm not blaming the refs, but like, it would have been nice to see Caitlin get a legit shot at beating LSU....she wasn't afforded that for whatever reason.

The refs took out 3 veteran players with two of them in their last game, just for Iowa. This really affected the game and didn't let the players dictate the outcome to the best ending. Iowa may not have won the game but circumstances really shifted what might have happened. I'm not usually one to bag on the officiating but let them play in a c-ship game. The technical on CC was completely bogus. That official needed to be a bit more thick skinned. Bluder stated in the post-game what really was frustrating to her was not being able to have the slightest conversation with the officials. I mean, WTF.

I've broken up about 10 fights this year between girls and it all started from shit talking like this.
Considering there was an arrest when a women's NIT player socked another and was arrested for it and Van Lin was held in early on tournament handshake line, Angel should be reprimanded for her part.

Caitlin deserved the trash talk and hand wave over the face, I don't think that was an issue. But when she followed her towards the IA bench and taunted with the finger, it's passes into full on taunting and why Classless is the highest trending phrase today.

You're calling out LSU players for being classless and deflecting. Calling them out for being classless and when confronted by a similar example done by a super popular Iowa and NFL football player, you refuse to equate the two. For the record I think Pat Angerer is an all-time great and an even better dude in person.

Sidenote...how can you be an Iowa sports fan and not remember Pat Angerer? Or are you really young?
Didn't say I didn't remember who he was... just don't remember his personality.

I said Reese behavior was taunting and that Clark doesn't do that kind of taunting. I never made any broad assumptions about Reese has a human being or anything.

I don't know clark either...

I aint deflecting shit.. taunting is a bad game to play for various reasons.,,,,

Does it make everyone who has ever done it "Trash" or whatever words you want to put in my mouth?

Of course not.

Considering there was an arrest when a women's NIT player socked another and was arrested for it and Van Lin was held in early on tournament handshake line, Angel should be reprimanded for her part.

Caitlin deserved the trash talk and hand wave over the face, I don't think that was an issue. But when she followed her towards the IA bench and taunted with the finger, it's passes into full on taunting and why Classless is the highest trending phrase today.
yeah disrespect can escalate into ridiculous consequences

Latest posts