Lou Holtz

Lou Holtz is the same guy who stated that South Carolina would be in the national championship picture about 5 weeks ago. THEY also keep talking about TCU's speed would be to much for us?? They are beating teams like UNLV and BYU?? Those teams are so slow no wonder they look so fast you frickin moron. I find it strange we are so slow, teams can't score on us, there defenses can't catch our wr's from behind, and we are slow?? Go fly your kite somewhere else you space cadet. Someone needs to head to scout.com and check listed 40 times for last 3 years of recruiting and see who plays the faster oppenents, or has more team speed. I bet it's not TCU!!!!

could you imagine a conversation about football between lou holtz and shannon sharp?

wow! it might as well be in russian.

Lou Holtz is the same guy who stated that South Carolina would be in the national championship picture about 5 weeks ago. THEY also keep talking about TCU's speed would be to much for us?? They are beating teams like UNLV and BYU?? Those teams are so slow no wonder they look so fast you frickin moron. I find it strange we are so slow, teams can't score on us, there defenses can't catch our wr's from behind, and we are slow?? Go fly your kite somewhere else you space cadet. Someone needs to head to scout.com and check listed 40 times for last 3 years of recruiting and see who plays the faster oppenents, or has more team speed. I bet it's not TCU!!!!

It wouldn't matter - 40 times are a ridiculous measure of football speed. How many plays a game does anyone run 40 yards in a straight line with no one touching them? Plus, add the weight of the gear and the 40 time becomes even less relevant. When people say that Iowa is slow, I think they are showing some sort of latent racism. What they're really trying to say is that they haven't seen Iowa play a full game, but that a team with 5 white players starting on defense and white wide receivers couldn't possibly be fast. Right? They have preconceived notions about what game breaking football players are supposed to look like. I mean, it's not like Andy Brodell could outrun Aaron Ross in a foot race in full football gear, right?[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ghxMRagbRI"]YouTube - WR Andy Brodell Highlights[/ame]

I don't think these announcers hate Iowa. I just think they don't think we belong in the National Title game, which, to be honest, at this point we probably don't.

I don't think these announcers hate Iowa. I just think they don't think we belong in the National Title game, which, to be honest, at this point we probably don't.

I'm talking about the guys calling the game. They were so ignorant the entire game. (Davy?) was wrong on the first three reviews. I understand they were close calls, but because of that you shouldn't be emphatically saying that the call should go or IS one way or the other. Just complete morons. "Adam Clayborne" was used several times.

wasnt he on the bandwagon last weeK?

Actually I think he was on board after the Wisky game.

It's not just the anti Iowa stuff he spews, it's everything that he tries to get across. ESPN buys into it though, Dr. Lou, are you kidding me? Bad, bad, bad.

I didn't here the announcers because I was at the game but it seems like anytime anyone says anything negative about Iowa that announcer is pronounced an idiot.

It wouldn't matter - 40 times are a ridiculous measure of football speed. How many plays a game does anyone run 40 yards in a straight line with no one touching them? Plus, add the weight of the gear and the 40 time becomes even less relevant. When people say that Iowa is slow, I think they are showing some sort of latent racism. What they're really trying to say is that they haven't seen Iowa play a full game, but that a team with 5 white players starting on defense and white wide receivers couldn't possibly be fast. Right? They have preconceived notions about what game breaking football players are supposed to look like. I mean, it's not like Andy Brodell could outrun Aaron Ross in a foot race in full football gear, right?YouTube - WR Andy Brodell Highlights

That was my exact point, thanks for jumping on board. I remember that play and yes I know no pads vs pads is a big difference but TCU too fast. Come on coach, give me a break. USC is too fast, not TCU

i think lou holtz was behind me during the game saturday! i had the most negative person in the stadium i think! ken this ken that...have people not realized how big of deal was it that we got the wind in the 4th quarter?

The announcers were quite possibly the worst in the history of ever.
Color commentary from Bob Davie was WAY too much... I don't think he ever shut up... EVER... especially about Donahue's punt being a turnover... it's like... ok dude, we get it.

Holz gets under my skin. I don't understand his hate for the B10. Perhaps because we keep beating his beloved ND evey year.
Props to May for calling him on it, saying if it was ND and their QB he would be hyping it up.

Think we can get some cash together and have his teleprompter guy add these words at the end of his telecast on ESPN , " Im **** Mc Gee and im dating jesse palmer , good night ".

Lou hates Iowa because he can't say Kirk Ferentz without spiting on May. ESPN is such a bias network they promote goofs like that to boost ratings. I like the BTN because they at least know we don't the play The Losing Zooker's this year.

Latest posts