Looks like Patrick is doing well for his new AAU team

I liked the video and made me more excited for Pat as a recruit. As someone who has been down on Pat compared to others I would still say he doesn’t look like a top 50 prospect to me. That said I’m glad he is going to be a hawk and hopefully he will be a part of the best recruiting class in school history.

I liked the video and made me more excited for Pat as a recruit. As someone who has been down on Pat compared to others I would still say he doesn’t look like a top 50 prospect to me. That said I’m glad he is going to be a hawk and hopefully he will be a part of the best recruiting class in school history.

He could end up playing as if he deserves to have been a top 50 recruit say in 2-3 years if he gains 15 lbs. of muscle.

I saw 2 of his games in that tournament last weekend. He handled the ball real well for his size. His defense was outstanding. His jump shot is still broke. He looks like he might be up to between 190 and 200 lbs. I visited with him a little bit. Nice enough kid. Easy to talk to. If he gets up to 215 or 220 by his first game at Iowa, he'll be a huge addition to the team.

I saw 2 of his games in that tournament last weekend. He handled the ball real well for his size. His defense was outstanding. His jump shot is still broke. He looks like he might be up to between 190 and 200 lbs. I visited with him a little bit. Nice enough kid. Easy to talk to. If he gets up to 215 or 220 by his first game at Iowa, he'll be a huge addition to the team.
3 areas he currently lacks in:

1. Weight/Strength
2. Back to the basket post game
3. Shooting outside 15 feet.

If he can put on the weight and strength, maybe he won't have to shoot the 3 ball from his chest anymore.

1. Weight/Strength

If he can put on the weight and strength, maybe he won't have to shoot the 3 ball from his chest anymore.

It's not strength. It's habit. My guess is mom taught him to shoot.

He does elevate well. Had a little Lick move.

1. Weight/Strength

He's got a better mid range game than I thought. He'll never play with his back to the basket in the BIG, unless he gets a ridiculous mismatch and drops down. So, I'm not concerned about that. He's a SF in college. He would be our best on ball defender if he was on the team, right now. I'll take him on that prospect alone.

He's got a better mid range game than I thought. He'll never play with his back to the basket in the BIG, unless he gets a ridiculous mismatch and drops down. So, I'm not concerned about that. He's a SF in college. He would be our best on ball defender if he was on the team, right now. I'll take him on that prospect alone.
Umm, that one video shows Locure juke him pretty good. If PMac would be our best on ball defender right now, I'm not sure if that says more about the Iowa BB team or Tyreke Locure.

That’s a good point you make about defense. Watching the NBA playoffs you realize how important it is to have guys who can switch and be able to defend multiple positions. With Pat’s footspeed and length I imagine if he got switched onto a guard he could challenge him.

Umm, that one video shows Locure juke him pretty good. If PMac would be our best on ball defender right now, I'm not sure if that says more about the Iowa BB team or Tyreke Locure.
He can't stay in front of a kid like Locure. Locure would be a tough defensive assignment for most any D1 prospect. But with his length, he can trail him and glass a shot at the rim. I saw him do that on 1 occasion last weekend (not sure who the player was) and a couple of times in high school games.
And YES....that says way more about the rest of the Iowa players and their defense.

That’s a good point you make about defense. Watching the NBA playoffs you realize how important it is to have guys who can switch and be able to defend multiple positions. With Pat’s footspeed and length I imagine if he got switched onto a guard he could challenge him.
He can guard the 1, 2 and 3 spots, as long as it's not an elite level 1. He can guard a stretch 4.

I think my fishing comment led to some good discussion about PM, thank you. I really appreciate the insight L1. Every thing I've read on PM is his stock isn't falling.

Lol I never understood the debate over whether or not he was a legit top 50 prospect. PMAC is a talented youngster with all sorts of upward potential. I've never seen an Iowa recruit that didn't have some sort of deficiency holding them back from being a guaranteed pro. At least in the modern age of recruitment coverage. PMAC is hardly any different. However the is plenty of reason to be optimistic about what Patrick could become.

For those of you who choose to be down on the kid, well that is of course your right. It just doesn't compute to simple logic. It almost seems as some of you are so mad that you would try to poke holes in Zion Williamson's game if he were coming here.

The kid is smooth. He's got a handle and court vision. Great feel for the game out there. He's long and if he can put on 20-25 lbs look out... He won't be a stud day 1 at Iowa but like Uthoff was in his last couple yrs he can be quite the impactful player. Too many people now think if a kid isn't a double double machine his true freshman year they are worthless but that's just nuts. I think he'll be awesome in time just be patient and give it to him

His family is all big people so my guess is he will be putting on quite a bit of weight over the next couple years. My guess is he will be skinny as a freshman and be pretty close to average as a sophomore.

There's another video out there on Tyrell Terry...who I believe is the point guard Fran wants. Dude's athletic and can deal. We want him...so work on him Patrick. You'd have to be a moron to say PM isn't a legit top 50. He's got a handle and he can get up for a skinny kid. He's going to play a lot as a freshman.

1. Weight/Strength

Back to the basket skills are not really that high in demand in the college game. The low launch point on shooting is a little bit of a concern.