Loc Wur

Tierney

Iowa offered him for next year. He was going to go to junior college then got high enough ACT scores. HIs name is Lok Wur.

yeah, if you haven't seen any video on him, you'll see that iowa likely doesn't have a chance to land him. while the kid has stated he wants to hurry and commit, i think the blue bloods that have roster space will come calling. right now, though, i think iowa is his best offer. but no word that i've heard that this kid is scheduling or considering a visit to iowa, yet.

To expand a little bit he’s 6’9 very athletic but extremely raw player at this point. Has a decent handle for that size but still working on the perimeter shot. Now that he has qualified to play D1 his recruitment hasn’t blown up. If Iowa could get a visit they might have a chance. Sounds like this is going to move quickly.

yeah, if you haven't seen any video on him, you'll see that iowa likely doesn't have a chance to land him. while the kid has stated he wants to hurry and commit, i think the blue bloods that have roster space will come calling. right now, though, i think iowa is his best offer. but no word that i've heard that this kid is scheduling or considering a visit to iowa, yet.
I did read he would like to play in an uptempo style which could help Iowa.

Blue bloods don’t typically go after project players so I don’t think that’s a concern, however there are so many teams involved I don’t think Iowa’s chances are that strong.

I did read he would like to play in an uptempo style which could help Iowa.

Blue bloods don’t typically go after project players so I don’t think that’s a concern, however there are so many teams involved I don’t think Iowa’s chances are that strong.

i would only say that if you haven't seen his video, take the time. this kid looks like he could even play some pg. if you have seen his video, would be interested to know if you agree. and while i think you're are right about the blue bloods, this kid just looks like something very special in the making. i think they sniff around if they have roster space.

i would only say that if you haven't seen his video, take the time. this kid looks like he could even play some pg. if you have seen his video, would be interested to know if you agree. and while i think you're are right about the blue bloods, this kid just looks like something very special in the making. i think they sniff around if they have roster space.
I did watch the video last night and I agree it’s very intriguing. Kid is extremely explosive. His potential is off the charts.

You're kind of a glass half empty kind of dude, aren't you? Iowa may have a shot to get him.

I watched. Very intriguing video and looks like a good prospect, but, I don't see him playing PG in the NCAA. No need to and I would worry small quick guards who play good defense might eat him up handling the ball that much.

Now that's not to say he couldn't take the ball on a fast break but running the show is a completely different skill set.

I watched. Very intriguing video and looks like a good prospect, but, I don't see him playing PG in the NCAA. No need to and I would worry small quick guards who play good defense might eat him up handling the ball that much.

Now that's not to say he couldn't take the ball on a fast break but running the show is a completely different skill set.
Um, he's a forward......

You're kind of a glass half empty kind of dude, aren't you? Iowa may have a shot to get him.

no, i'm not a glass half empty. but, if not for this kid (potentially) not qualifying, he would have been gobbled up by some big name, and i'd argue blue blood, programs. this kid is a freak basketball athlete. granted the timing of this is abnormal because we wound up qualifying, the still think the blue bloods come calling. would you expect this kid to commit to iowa over KU, UK, Duke, NC, or even UT, FL, Oregon, UCLA, etc, etc? I say no. that's my opinion. also, do you think this kid would see patrick mccaffrey (6'9" who plays the same positions) as competition for PT at iowa? my opinion is logic-based and pragmatic.

would love to be wrong. but the odds are that i'm not.

Um, he's a forward......

Um..................Read what I was responding to. The poster was touching on he thought from watching that he thought he may be able to play some PG.

I like how some individuals only read a portion of something and comment.

Actually, articles I read on the player they referred to him as a guard. This surprised me. I could see him in the 3 spot or 4.

no, i'm not a glass half empty. but, if not for this kid (potentially) not qualifying, he would have been gobbled up by some big name, and i'd argue blue blood, programs. this kid is a freak basketball athlete. granted the timing of this is abnormal because we wound up qualifying, the still think the blue bloods come calling. would you expect this kid to commit to iowa over KU, UK, Duke, NC, or even UT, FL, Oregon, UCLA, etc, etc? I say no. that's my opinion. also, do you think this kid would see patrick mccaffrey (6'9" who plays the same positions) as competition for PT at iowa? my opinion is logic-based and pragmatic.

would love to be wrong. but the odds are that i'm not.
I think your analysis of this kid is just off based. Yes the highlight looked good and yes he has tons of potential, but he’s still extremely raw. He doesn’t even have a rating on most of the recruiting sites and I doubt that is because of grades.

Right now he’s in a sellers market because he became available this late in the process. The way the college basketball landscape is now with the turnover teams have most teams have available scholarships to play with, that’s part of the reason he’s seen so much interest.

Again, he’s still somewhat of a project player. Blue bloods don’t typically go after projects as they recruit kids that have this type of athleticism that are seasoned and have filled out their bodies.

Yes Iowa isn’t his likely destination, but that’s because so many players are involved not because he’s a blue blood can’t miss prospect.

Um..................Read what I was responding to. The poster was touching on he thought from watching that he thought he may be able to play some PG.

I like how some individuals only read a portion of something and comment.

Actually, articles I read on the player they referred to him as a guard. This surprised me. I could see him in the 3 spot or 4.
I read the whole post, I just did not see it as a realistic discussion. The kid is 6'9 and listed as forward. But, next time, I will clarify that the comment was not directed at you so you don't have to worry about being perceived as posting something worthy of criticism on an anonymous message board......

The guy has scheduled recruiting trips to Oregon and Hawaii so I don't think there is much to worry about.

I think your analysis of this kid is just off based. Yes the highlight looked good and yes he has tons of potential, but he’s still extremely raw. He doesn’t even have a rating on most of the recruiting sites and I doubt that is because of grades.

Right now he’s in a sellers market because he became available this late in the process. The way the college basketball landscape is now with the turnover teams have most teams have available scholarships to play with, that’s part of the reason he’s seen so much interest.

Again, he’s still somewhat of a project player. Blue bloods don’t typically go after projects as they recruit kids that have this type of athleticism that are seasoned and have filled out their bodies.

Yes Iowa isn’t his likely destination, but that’s because so many players are involved not because he’s a blue blood can’t miss prospect.

nike, we're both speculating. but i'd argue that 6'9" kids that can jump out of a gymnasium and can play sg don't grow on trees and that blue bloods would be hot after such a talent, project or not. and project is relative. i don't see this kid as a project at iowa. he would be at duke, etc, for a season, until he gets his jumper more consistent.

i'd also argue he doesn't have a rating score precisely because he wasn't anticipated to be available. who knows? but what i do not see on his video is a 2* or less talent. so i can't explain the lack of a rating.

but with you saying that iowa isn't his likely landing spot, then we both agree on the bottom line (speculation) and the where he lands is irrelevant. if iowa was a consideration, i think patrick being on the team at 6'9"/190 range, would block iowa from being a serious contender, anyway.