LIVE CHAT: Iowa vs. Northern Illinois

I had higher hopes for Marble this season. He is gonna have to step is game up in a big way for this team to make noise. Ill give him a pass until conference play because of the concussion

I'm just glad that the bench is getting a lot of PT tonight. Invaluable experience that these guys are getting to pick up. Amazing how playing a wide-open style of basketball lets you do that. If Lick were here, we'd be in a deadlock at 36 right now.

Also, on another note: these announcers have done a little homework. You wouldn't expect most announcers to have a clue about Stubbs' high school career. I mean he really was good in high school, but you don't typically get that kind of info on a guy as far down the bench as Stubbs.

not to good of away to get just 8 pts in the last 6 + minutes in the game, also did Iowa get a ft attempt from anybody other than Archie's 2 attempts in the 2nd half, because N Ill sure spent alot of time there

It was good to give the reserves valuable extended playing time, Herby, probably more important than padding the score....

:)

not to good of away to get just 8 pts in the last 6 + minutes in the game, also did Iowa get a ft attempt from anybody other than Archie's 2 attempts in the 2nd half, because N Ill sure spent alot of time there

Did any starters play the last 6 minutes? We were playing a lot of backups and walkons in the final minutes.

I think Fran has confidence in the squad. as a coach you don't run and gun with an inferior team. you play Lick ball (hate to say it). as I said earlier it will be fun to watch us progress vs good competition. josh o will be a nice replacement for gatens next year. I didn't watch the whole game, but Archie moved better tonight than he has. let's get some W's vs good opponents and get Carver rockin!

Good game by Archie.

Not sure what Marble brings to this team or how he's going to fit in.

not sure if serious....

If you don't think Archie had a pretty solid game tonight, then I'm not sure what game you were watching. Seriously. When he stays active (which he did in the 2nd half), he can be pretty effective. Not a superstar or anything, but a very useful player who can make some important contributions, especially with Brommer out.

This is why I am excited about G.O. you can see the progress Brommer and Archie have made under Fran. Expect the same for GO.

Latest posts