Live Chat - Game Thread for Iowa/Michigan

Payne with a nice steal and hoop, 22-7 and another hawkeye steal and cole travels on fast break. 10th iowa turnover

Michigan also looking sloppy currently, Iowa needs a run NOW!

Gatens a nice shot, and Iowa ball again after mich misses 3 shots.

Cole throws up brick on a terrible 15 footer.

3 second violation on Michigan, iowa ball again.

22-10, iowa ball

8-2 Iowa run, down 24-13 with 2 to go and Payne misses a 25 footer and Michigan gets easy 2. 26-13 and Lick calls timeout, not happy.

Michigan turnover and May gets dunk off inbounds pass. 29-17 at the half. This could be a lot worse, we can get back in this one.

This is not good. No block outs, terrible shot selection, and a team that looks like they don't know where they are. I'm sorry that's not the players fault and if Lick's message isn't getting through he needs to try another message or Iowa needs to move on.

Why are people doing play by play in this thread? Are you assuming that some people are literally following the game through this thread? Just curious.

The Hawks are performing about as anticipated so far. Hope we can get Illinois next Wed.

Last edited:
Why are people doing play by play in this thread? Are you assuming that some people are literally following the game through this thread? Just curious.

The Hawks are performing about as anticipated so far. Hope we can get Illinois next Wed.

With 350 views, one would think yes is the answer. No one is forcing you to read Freddy.

You anticipated us to be down nearly 20 points to a .500 team? That shows how bad Iowa basketball really is thought of.

You anticipated us to be down nearly 20 points to a .500 team? That shows how bad Iowa basketball really is thought of.

I anticipated that playing on the road against a team that just lost a close game to a great team and still aspires to postseason play, they would be tough on us from the opening tip. Also, I still have nightmares about out last game against them.

I anticipated that playing on the road against a team that just lost a close game to a great team and still aspires to postseason play, they would be tough on us from the opening tip. Also, I still have nightmares about out last game against them.

You are right about our last game against them in the BTT...this one feels a lot like it.

I really thought we'd come out and get after it against a Michigan team that seemed to really be struggling.

If we could just get this down to 8 or 9 I feel like Michigan would start feeling the pressure.

Fuller with 4 fouls.

Seems like it is worse than a 37-24 game. Iowa can get back in this still IMO. 14:40 to go...

Latest posts