Live chat: Barta news conference

Sad, but I don't think now was the time to change coaches. It will be another few bad years untill we can get new players in and a new system. What confidence will the new coach have with Barda when the new coach has bad years getting started.

Sad, but I don't think now was the time to change coaches. It will be another few bad years untill we can get new players in and a new system. What confidence will the new coach have with Barda when the new coach has bad years getting started.

Lick was a system guy. If we get someone like Pearl who likes to push the ball, the game becomes more instinct and less X's and O's. It could turn around fast depending on who they get.

If it's not time to fire a guy after the worst three year run in school history, when is it?

If it's not time to fire a guy after the worst three year run in school history, when is it?

after the worst 4 year run.

This could go either way if you think about it. Could be the BEST decision in Iowa basketball history or the WORST. All depends on the new hire.

At least we aren't ISU stuck with McDermott, who was unable to coach highly talented players into the tournament. Really...with Brackins and Staiger and Gilstrap, that team had no business not being at least a Sweet 16 club. If he can't coach those guys to success, he's not cut out for the job. And they are stuck with him for at least another year.

So at least we aren't stuck with that future. And that is reason to be glad.

after the worst 4 year run.

This could go either way if you think about it. Could be the BEST decision in Iowa basketball history or the WORST. All depends on the new hire.

The worst?

I'm not seeing much downside here. The only thing that sucks is that Lickliter is a nice guy, not a Massive Richard like the last dude.

At least we aren't ISU stuck with McDermott, who was unable to coach highly talented players into the tournament. Really...with Brackins and Staiger and Gilstrap, that team had no business not being at least a Sweet 16 club. If he can't coach those guys to success, he's not cut out for the job. And they are stuck with him for at least another year.

So at least we aren't stuck with that future. And that is reason to be glad.

Who's this Staiger you speak of?

Latest posts