Little disappointed...

CFHawk

...in most of the posters here post game. I f you just came in without having watched the game you would swear we lost by 20 points. Jeebus Cripes, I am not even an alumni (just a tavern hawk) and I have more support for the team than you guys. I realize we may not win but maybe two more games but I certainly will enjoy this one. Lighten up and get a life.

I'm VERY happy to have enjoyed another glorious day in Kinnick watching the Hawks get a W. I'm VERY relieved the defense came to play from the get-go and was able to clinch it, in spite of The Offensive over the final 33 minutes of the game.

OoTH...... I dont remember you being this "off the reservation." Did your account get hijacked? the cynics on this site are becoming comical.

These are teh Tavern Hox that give us a bad name. What kind of idiot thinks we should enjoy an 18 point win over our biggest rival? Does he not know that this is srs bidness? If we don't crap on our coach after a big win, who's going to?

The game was pretty Ehhhh in the 2nd half - sorry is what it is.

Minnesota looked pretty horrible.

Glad we won but can't say it just made me go run in the streets like Scrooge in the end of A Christmas Carol

The game was pretty Ehhhh in the 2nd half - sorry is what it is.

Minnesota looked pretty horrible.

Glad we won but can't say it just made me go run in the streets like Scrooge in the end of A Christmas Carol

ahahahaha! well played

WE BEAT MINNESOTA!! WE BEAT MINNESOTA!! Saying that just doesn't make me jump for joy. We should beat Minnesota. Still trying to get over the hangover from losing to ISU and CMU. Glad we won. Glad Floyd is home. Glad to see the Hawks kick some *** even though the entire 2nd half was dismal on the offensive side of the ball.

While there is still a lot more I will need to see before I am convinced that us glass half-empty people are overreacting and the program is just fine, I see today's game for what it was: an important win. The trophy case is no longer empty, and my hope is that these guys will see the prized pig there every day and realize that if they could put forth the effort that they did to bring him back, there's no telling what they can accomplish.

I believe the loss last week helped this team. This win is excellent with they bye week coming up. We played much better in all aspects of the game. There were mistakes, but you can see the improvement on both sides of the ball. We need to keep it rolling now.

While there is still a lot more I will need to see before I am convinced that us glass half-empty people are overreacting and the program is just fine, I see today's game for what it was: an important win. The trophy case is no longer empty, and my hope is that these guys will see the prized pig there every day and realize that if they could put forth the effort that they did to bring him back, there's no telling what they can accomplish.

I am not saying the program is just fine, and I am pretty close to a glass half empty guy myself. I am just a little surprised with all the negative posts after a surprising and nice win.

If we can put teams away in the first half and the defense can play the way they did for an entire game I'm thrilled. Given it was only Minnesota I was satisfied with the performance. I for one agree that by going to the air in the second half we were doing what we need to do to get better. Running the ball eats up clock, but at this time I don't think it's a part of our game that is lacking and requires drastic improvement. The last 33 minutes were ugly offensively, bt the focus and plays were IMO geared toward where it was needed.

Latest posts