Little disappointed...

Some people are just negative all the time, and this is their outlet.

Last week, people were saying Iowa wasn't going to win another game. Now they say "it's just Minnesota." Again, I think that there are some strong positives looking ahead:

1. O line looks like they will be very, very good for a while.
2. RB position looks surprising solid.
3. Defense is improving and the DL is slowly improving.
4. Special teams was solid

Then,

1. QB position is a major, major problem. I hope it will get better, but I don't think it will. VDB just can't get the hang of it this year. New system, to be sure, but he looked really rough. Teams are throwing CB blitzes because they're not afraid he'll make them pay. He just isn't getting it done.
2. Speed at skill positions is of course an issue.

I'm still optimistic for the future.

It was a great win over a meh team. It was a trophy game!! Like I said, dont let anyone come to your house kick in your door and rape your dog. Protect your house, win the trophy games, and win the non con games. Those are the three important things. Those are the games where you have to fight like you never have before.
That said the one coming up is a pride thing. They think they are bigger, stronger and faster, and like to punch people right in the mouth. I think of MSU as a players pride game.

It's OK to simultaneously be happy with the win while noticing the happy-footed elephant in the room sporting #16.

Good Win- Doesn't change my outlook (5 Wins), I don't see this Iowa team winning on the Road. Now if Iowa wins at MSU (Oct 13th) then I will change my outlook..

Latest posts