Week 5 Bye week thread

I'm hoping Minn learned how to stop the run, would like to see them upset one of their next two opponents. I'm ok with seeing them get blown out also but PJ is too expensive to fire and it's better they don't have a real coach. I also think mich and usc are in the ND level of overrated going off brand names this season.

Rutgers might be a problem. Washington won't be, that cupboard is bare

I'm hoping Minn learned how to stop the run, would like to see them upset one of their next two opponents. I'm ok with seeing them get blown out also but PJ is too expensive to fire and it's better they don't have a real coach. I also think mich and usc are in the ND level of overrated going off brand names this season.

Rutgers might be a problem. Washington won't be, that cupboard is bare
Not so sure about Washington. They put up nearly 500 yds vs a solid Rutgers defense and pretty much moved the ball at will. They've got some guys who can't tackle in their secondary -- which hopefully bodes well for Kaleb and the Hawks -- but if not for 3-4 stupid personal foul penalties which gave Rutgers 7 pts and kept them from scoring twice, PLUS going 0-3 on makeable FGs, the Huskies easily beat Rutgers on the road. Washington should have won that game going away.

Rutgers 14 - Washington 3. I keep trying to figure how Iowa would look against the two teams
Watching that game, all I could think of is what Washington players and coaches have thought as they prepared for NW and Rutgers' offenses, with Iowa on deck: "Are ALL BTen offenses this predictable and boring??"
I honestly think Iowa would find it easier sledding vs Rutgers than the Huskies. If the Huskies stop self-destructing, they could end up being pretty good this year.

Mich 21. MN 0. Near end of first half. Two huge turnovers by MN. Fumble and blocked punt, both very short fields as a result. Too bad. MN actually looked decent both O and D.
Oops. Now an interception by Mich. Ball on MN 40. Good grief. Rains it pours.

Watching that game, all I could think of is what Washington players and coaches have thought as they prepared for NW and Rutgers' offenses, with Iowa on deck: "Are ALL BTen offenses this predictable and boring??"
I honestly think Iowa would find it easier sledding vs Rutgers than the Huskies. If the Huskies stop self-destructing, they could end up being pretty good this year.
Rugters is a poor man’s version of iowa

Mich 21. MN 0. Near end of first half. Two huge turnovers by MN. Fumble and blocked punt, both very short fields as a result. Too bad. MN actually looked decent both O and D.
Oops. Now an interception by Mich. Ball on MN 40. Good grief. Rains it pours.

This was a much closer game than the score indicated at that time IMO. Minnesota has made it a game now only down 24-17 with 8:47 left 4th qtr. I think they actually have a good shot at winning.

Minnesota got robbed on the on-side kick. They come up short 27-24, but easily could have won this game. Michigan is overrated for sure, and Minnesota is much better than their 2-3 record would suggest.

Minnesota got robbed on the on-side kick. They come up short 27-24, but easily could have won this game. Michigan is overrated for sure, and Minnesota is much better than their 2-3 record would suggest.
Absolutely! The replay guy showed clearly that MN was not off side. Sick.MN played a courageous game.

Latest posts