Like it or not, it MAY be time...

hawkeyebob62

...Toga Party....oh, wait....

I meant, "time to think about next coach..."

Fran has done wonders turning the program back around. But it seems that's his forte. Beyond that? Well, seems he's never stayed any one place long enough to determine if he can do that.

Not saying, "Fire Fran!" That would be stupid at this point. But...is Fran the guy to go with "long haul"?

Now, to be fair....

--How good IS this team, really? Dakich and his current pal say that, even with a loss tonight, Iowa isn't a team you want in your draw. They also said that Iowa has as much as more talent as most teams in the college game right now. But as Dakich, "This is the best-coached game" he has seen. Obviously NOT referring to Fran...

--How many games in a row has this team absolutely CHOKED the second half?

--Finally, is this team even READY to play in the NCAA? SHOULD they even be playing in the NCAA ("Yes" on the second part, but a lot of "bubble" teams can make the argument...)

Fran is WAY In over his head.....losing to NW, c'mon!!!!!

I wouldn't say "WAY" over...

...But I wonder if the "extended" season from last year (summer tour, White and Marble playing internationally, etc.) could have played a factor. That MIGHT explain why we keep folding in the second half the last third of this season...

Bottom-line seems to be, he turns a program, but has never stayed long enough to show whether or not he has the long-term traits...

Eh, not sure it's "time" to think about a new coach.. Or even quarter of... But the scary part is that this meltdown looked waaay to Alfordesque for my taste....

Look, Fran did a nice job dragging this program up from the gutter in which Lickliter left it for dead.. But now what? Fran is yet to prove to me that he's got the coaching chops to get us back to where we were under Tom Davis, or beyond. He got Lehigh, UNCG and Siena to the dance.. But this is the Big Ten.

Iowa will probably get into the dance even with tonight's loss, but at what seed? The way this team is playing, they'll get hammered by whoever they face. Even Alford took us to the dance 3 times.. Gotta say that I still feel the jury is still very much OUT on how far Fran is going to take us.

Stupid thread. Fran has put a competitive team on the court and azzes in the seats. The team is on the brink of playing in the NCAA despite this horrible losing streak. Hasn't had an NCAA team in 8 years. He's not going anywhere. He has at least two more years. Get real!

We will be a different team in the NCAA Tournament. Finally the Big Ten season is over. Obviously the Big learned how to stop our transition game by racing back on offense.....

Fran has to develop a half court game to compliment the transition. He can do it....

Bottom line, we are in the NCAA Tournament. Fran took over a team that was among the worst in Division One and now we are in the Dance....

Finally the regular season and BTT are over, completely.....

Stupid thread. Fran has put a competitive team on the court and azzes in the seats. The team is on the brink of playing in the NCAA despite this horrible losing streak. Hasn't had an NCAA team in 8 years. He's not going anywhere. He has at least two more years. Get real!

Dude, we lost to NW. Say no to drugs

Why is that so unintelligent? Tell me why you think this guy can coach in the BIG? We beat up on a bunch of horse**** teams early on and lost (with the exception of 1 game) to every decent opponent we played. Further, we had an EPIC collapse down the stretch when we had a chance to solidify a tourney bid. This team is BAD and it starts at the top. Fran turns programs around but that's about it...why can't we think about the future?

We will be a different team in the NCAA Tournament. Finally the Big Ten season is over. Obviously the Big learned how to stop our transition game by racing back on offense.....

Fran has to develop a half court game to compliment the transition. He can do it....

Bottom line, we are in the NCAA Tournament. Fran took over a team that was among the worst in Division One and now we are in the Dance....

As much as I would love to believe that, Jack, this team has officially quit. I don't know if they quit on Fran or each other or a combination, but this season is over in their heads. They were supposed to hit the reset button tonight but instead played probably the worst game of this entire tailspin.

If this team were a hose, it would be getting poured into Elmer's glue bottles about now.

I could have bought the line about, "when we get away from BIG officials and style of play we will blossom again" last week or the week before...not anymore...this team has quit...it's over...they all look like they just want this season to be put out of it's misery.